Why don't famous people post here?

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
What makes you so sure they aren't? :naughty:

Greta is famous.... around here at least. :D

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
Indeed, I think they would not like the publicity.
for example, Paul Kim of surefire used to post here regularly, each post followed by quite a few.
also, Stuart from surefire also posts here, also having many users following him.

if there were famous people, they would be mum about their real names, probably.

why do you ask?

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why do people post in the wrong forum :poke:

As your new here,this section is for general discussion about flashlights,maybe your question would be better suited in the cafe forum :thumbsup: BTW :welcome:

Last edited:

greenLED

Flashaholic
I post here :)
What Haz said.

I know of national magazine editors, TV personalities, university professors, award winner photographers, etc. (if that's what you call "famous") who are on CPF.

Nah, not telling who they are.

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Probably the same reason they don't have their home numbers listed in the phone book.

There are probably a lot here, though. Forums are a great place to hang out especially with a user name/pseudonym. Who knows? I could be Uma Thurman, Stephen Hawking (did you appreciate my two appearances in "The Simpsons?"), or even Elvis (I'm not really dead, you know -- Oops, I meant to say he's not really dead).

saabgoblin

Enlightened
"Monsters meet such interesting people", Bugs Bunny, year? Who knows what or whom may be lurking in the shadows, except for the Mods of course. I know a friend or two on another forum that has multiple identities.:cool:

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Mythbuster guys have used a Fenix flashlight on the show. They must of found out about them somewhere. Probably while researching the myth "can attackers be stopped by a strobing light". :p

RyanA

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Mythbuster guys have used a Fenix flashlight on the show. They must of found out about them somewhere. Probably while researching the myth "can attackers be stopped by a strobing light". :p
They covered that? Man I need to watch more TV.

R@ndom

Enlightened
I started a thread about the founder of wikipedia stating he has found a online flashlight community and brought a m6 and also there's a thread with a pic of George Cloony holding a surefire somewhere. But I think we better respect people(greenled)'s privacy.

Illum

Flashaholic
famous people....hmmm
Darell posts here
Beamhead posts here
B@rt posts here
PK posts here...occaisionally

I post here, but not for the right reason:ohgeez:

Burgess

Flashaholic
There was a cute cartoon, perhaps 10 years ago . . . .

Afraid i don't quite remember the publication which ran it. :confused:

But, the cartoon caption read:

"On the internet, no one can tell that you're a Dog."

:whistle:

_

carrot

Flashaholic
On the internet, and forums, they are no more, and no less anonymous than anyone else here. Just like you and I choose not to reveal our identities openly to just anyone, the same may go for celebrities on the internet.

For instance, it is a known fact that Angelina Jolie is a knife knut and hangs out on Bladeforums... but she doesn't come outright telling us who she is.

This is a good example, so let me continue:
1) She cannot really prove she is herself, short of posting something like a photo of herself holding a card saying "sup b? 4/10/09"
2) She may not want the additional attention, or be treated specially or differently
3) Celebrities are people too; they should be able to, and can lead private lives. Why advertise who you are?

cyberspyder

Enlightened
On the internet, and forums, they are no more, and no less anonymous than anyone else here. Just like you and I choose not to reveal our identities openly to just anyone, the same may go for celebrities on the internet.

For instance, it is a known fact that Angelina Jolie is a knife knut and hangs out on Bladeforums... but she doesn't come outright telling us who she is.

This is a good example, so let me continue:
1) She cannot really prove she is herself, short of posting something like a photo of herself holding a card saying "sup b? 4/10/09"
2) She may not want the additional attention, or be treated specially or differently
3) Celebrities are people too; they should be able to, and can lead private lives. Why advertise who you are?

:naughty: For real?

Hoggy

Newly Enlightened

Seriously?
I must've missed that one! Because that is one one the questions in the back of my mind.
I heard that a certain strobe frequency can disorient some people.

I dunno, me thinks Cave Dave is probably just being sarcastic here..
In which I have to say - what an ***! :whoopin: