My new LensBright 1 CR123 aspherical has arrived! NOW MODDED

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
First impression:
I love it! My tint is not cool in the least. :party: I got #37, in a row.....................

Small, excellent finish, smooth focusing, and a GDuP board!
This light may be a new favorite of mine. :twothumbs It is a solid tool, kinda heavy, if you hold one then you will feel it immediately.
It throws well for such a small asphere lens and the flood setting is perfect for me.
This little light is 3 levels of throw and 3 levels of flood in one package and the price was really cheap for this much quality.
IMG_0588.jpg

The "bezel" ring is black as is the tail cap. The body's earth color is really nice, it's like a SF OD but with a hint of bronze.
The anno is very thick without any flaws, it must of been in the tank for quite awhile!
The McClicky switch works just like it should. Not too hard of a press and not too light either.
The waterproofing is very well done, no water seems able to get into mine. Yeah I tried!
This little guy is also heat sinked very well, on high it warms quickly but it isn't getting actually hot 10 minutes in.
The light arrived as well packaged as possible without being welded into a metal box! It included a Chapman sticker and a new Energizer primary. The baggie the battery was in is really thick, I'm going to re-use that one.
The lens is recessed into the light enough so that it remains protected if you set it down bezel first.
The engraving is the deepest and boldest I have ever seen on a light in my life, you really feel it.
The letters were not colored in so you can't read it from too far away, that may be a plus for some.
If you want Mule type flood then you can just spin the lens unit off and use it. The lens unit will also start a fire using sunlight! SWEET
The LE is potted with the same stuff that is used on a Malkoff SF model and the pill's brass is really thick.
It has no anti-roll so it will roll away like a well trained dog! Keep an eye on it.
Loosening the tail cap will not lock out the switch, it's my only negative. However that means it will be easy to put on a Novatac style clip without impeding function.
Will the Novatac clip fit? Sort of, you need to use an O-ring to center it. Like when you put one on a G2 or a 6P.
Focusing it one handed is possible but it takes finger strength and effort. If you hands are wet then it isn't happening!
If you focus it well then the lines of the die appear very clear and sharp.
The bezel narrows to a thin band, it isn't sharp but this is where the anno will disappear first.

This light is made like a camera, precise. I highly recommend trying something made by LensBright.

IMG_0594.jpg

Not too big.
IMG_0596.jpg
IMG_0599.jpg

Focused for flood. ------------------------------->Focused for throw.
IMG_0601.jpg
IMG_0600.jpg

I have now done a glow mod on the light, pics are in post #40.

Last edited:

Dan FO

Enlightened
Re: My new LensBright 1 CR123 aspherical has arrived!

This light is made like a camera, precise. I highly recommend trying something made by LensBright.

Speaking of cameras ................. got one?:whistle:

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic

thinking.gif
I might! Let's go see.

Found it, taking a few pics now. Better ones will come later - I need to get ready for work!

Last edited:

Dan FO

Enlightened

Is the lens glass or poylcarbonate plastic?

MrGman

Flashlight Enthusiast

And why are there no beamshot photos, which would be the most important part????

:popcorn:

:candle:

herrgurka

Newly Enlightened

Sgt LED,

Great first impressions and very nice pics! :twothumbs The light looks very well put together and easy to handle, I think it'll go straight into my EDC-rotation of single cell CR123 lights.

makapuu

Enlightened

I'm soooo jealous you lucky dog. :drool:
The Dark Earth anodizing looks much better than I expected.
Nice 2 tone contrast, makes me wonder how the other color combo's will look.
Well, have fun playing with your new light.
Hopefully mine will arrive before my mailman puts a T.R.O. on me.:D

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast

Am I missing something? Didn't realize the tail is black anno :duh2:

Btw, excited to see beam shots too :naughty:

Judgedog

Newly Enlightened

Awesome first impressions!!! Thank you so much for taking the time to share so many details about what appears to be an awesome little light!!!

Can't wait to see mine in person!!!

Lake Effect

Newly Enlightened

I can't seem to find this light on the Lens Light website. You guys are calling it Lens Bright but isn't it actually Lens Light? What model uses the CR123 battery? I'm either missing something or just confused???

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic

And why are there no beamshot photos, which would be the most important part????

:popcorn:

:candle:
When you get it in the daytime and then you take off to go to work that makes it tough to see the beam. I have some pics of my deck at noon if you'd like to see those. :naughty: LOL

LakeEffect: This is a small custom run that was done by a fellow in the CBST section.

Last edited:

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic

Wow! This thing is sweet, +1 on the quality. The focusing mechanism twists with a nice "heavy duty" feel. I cant wait for darkeness.

I may try out my new Cannon Rebel for some beamshots, if I can sneak away for a bit tonight. ;)

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic

Sounds great!

Throw them on here if you want to. I am trapped at work till 7:30Am. :sick2:

As least I can shine it out the triple pane plexiglass on to the parking lot...............

I think the low flood will be pretty good to check on them while they sleep.

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast

Well, first I'm envious! I've got a blue one on order (to match my blue AA LensBright) but, it's not here...yet. Now, I REALLY can't wait!!! Thanks for the great shots and info---much appreciated!

Karl

boness

Newly Enlightened

looks interesting ! even though I,ve never heard of LensBright.

More info when you get time

Patriot

Flashaholic

I also didn't realize it was going to be two tone but it looks very nice. I tried to get in the the first run but just missed it and sorry that I did. I'm eager to see the focused and unfocused beam shots! It just occurred to me that it kind of looks like a duck call....lol.