Z59 tailcap doesn't click...

supawabb

Newly Enlightened
I have a SF Z59 tailcap on a 6P and all of sudden it doesn't click... I can use it as a temporary like the G2 tail cap but when you press to click it on, it only clicks and stays i nthe on position once every 10-15 presses.

Is there any way to fix this, or am I looking to get a replacement now?

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
If for whatever reason you do not want to send it in for repair/replacement, you might want to look at this thread. Faulty SF Z59 Clickie

The search feature might well have come through again. There are other threads about this -- just search on the words "Z59 repair" and you'll get a few others.

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try putting a drop of 3 in 1 oil inside the tailcap and let it run down into the guts of the switch. After it coats the inside of the switch, click it on and off several times. Then wipe any excess off from the inside of the switch. That worked for me. No more problems, and it's been over a year, I think.

DM51

Flashaholic
SF tend to ship their items pretty dry, in my experience, with no lubrication - or if there was any, it has dried out before you get it. As Big Ed says, a little thin machine-oil on moving parts will cure a lot of problems.