Pelican 7060 problems

eyeeatingfish

Enlightened
A few people I work with have the pelican 7060. Over the past year 3 people have reported problems with the light related to the switch. 2 lights would only work from one switch at a time, either the tail or the body. Another one had a tail cap switch problem and when someone took the head and cap off to check it it didnt work at all after that.
All the people with the lights related that they occured after relatively short falls, 3-4 or so.

So I was wondering since there seems to be a trend with this light if anyone else had this happen? I would think the light should be a little bit more durable than this.

I know pelican is supposed to have a good warantee but I still want to know whats up nd if there is a simple fix or something.

thanks

toolpig1

Enlightened
I have a 7060 and not experienced any trouble, although haven't really used it much. I did hear some early talk of switch trouble, but Pelican has fantastic service and warranty. When people list the best companies for service, Pelican is usually mentioned.

Lightraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have heard of it here and from a LEO who carries one. I think he mentioned it was a problem for the 7060 in general. He still liked it though.

Bushman5

Enlightened
Got a problem with the light, take it back, Pelican WILL replace it for you. They are one of the highest rated companies for warranty/replacement service and stand 100% behind their product.

case in point: i had a Pelican saberlight, bought from a pawn shop. The lens, clip and battery carrier was cracked so i sent it in and asked for replacement parts. They send me a brand new updated saberlight.

maxilux

Enlightened
I had this problem one time, remove the tailcap and turn it on new in an other direction, there is the problem, you must try it.