Been Away - SF delivering any 09 lights yet?

Numbers

Enlightened
Been away for a while concentrating on other purchases since the election.
Any word on When SF will release any of what they presented at the shot show?
I am specifically interested in the new E2L.
Thanks

carrot

Flashaholic
Which "new" E2L?

Surefire has already shipped the KX2-based E2L which uses a Cree. First generation was single stage with ridiculously long runtimes and second generation was dual-mode (like the E1B).

I am unaware of any further announced improvements to the E2L.

Of interest for 2009 are the descendants of the A2: A2L and AZ2, the new LX1 and LX2, and the LED Millenium M3LT and M3L, as well as the Titan T1A. These aren't out yet, although the T1A should be shipping soon.

Numbers

Enlightened
Which "new" E2L?

Surefire has already shipped the KX2-based E2L which uses a Cree. First generation was single stage with ridiculously long runtimes and second generation was dual-mode (like the E1B).

I am unaware of any further announced improvements to the E2L.

Of interest for 2009 are the descendants of the A2: A2L and AZ2, the new LX1 and LX2, and the LED Millenium M3LT and M3L, as well as the Titan T1A. These aren't out yet, although the T1A should be shipping soon.

MY Bad
You're right I was referring to the LX2 (I was gone long enough to forget the new designation). I actually own the first generation KX2.
I am also bummed because I misplaced or lost my classic (I dont think ever to be updated) L4.
Looks like there is nothing new then regarding release dates.
Thanks

Kestrel

Flashaholic
Hmm, remember reading about them promising a 350 lumen 4-die LED TIR optic in the 2.5" turbohead somewhere ... let me look around ...

Edit: I thought there was the suggestion of this in the (loonngg) SHOT09 thread, can't verify though, am I wrong on this, had anybody heard of this as well????

Last edited:

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
M3L uses optics?
I thought it was P7 + reflector?:thinking:

The M3L is a P7 + reflector. There is a good picture of it in the Tactical Products catalog.

The M3LT uses a TIR optic. I hope they take the hex head part off of the M3LT cause it seems to be useless for anti-roll and looks silly.

There is a video on youtube from SHOT 2009 that shows both of these. I can't decide which one I would like better without seeing them compared side-by-side.

The two-stage feature is only mentioned if you buy the complete light. I don't know how that's gonna work out if these work like the L1. :thinking:

Both these heads will be available seperately and will fit on the M3/M4/M6 bodies. My guess is the upgrade heads will only be full power with no low setting. But that's just a guess.

maxspeeds

Flashlight Enthusiast
The M3L is a P7 + reflector. There is a good picture of it in the Tactical Products catalog.

The M3LT uses a TIR optic. I hope they take the hex head part off of the M3LT cause it seems to be useless for anti-roll and looks silly.

There is a video on youtube from SHOT 2009 that shows both of these. I can't decide which one I would like better without seeing them compared side-by-side.

The two-stage feature is only mentioned if you buy the complete light. I don't know how that's gonna work out if these work like the L1. :thinking:

Both these heads will be available seperately and will fit on the M3/M4/M6 bodies. My guess is the upgrade heads will only be full power with no low setting. But that's just a guess.

I have a feeling the M3L and the M3TL will have a good following. Especially with the 4-die P7 led. :twothumbs