E2/HA $62.00 including shipping!

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
LPS has a Surefire sale on a few flashlights. This one (E2/HA) is a super deal! It is perfect for those doing mods with DSPECK's E2C and or battery extensions. When you remove the bezel the pocket clip goes too. I apologize if this isn't the proper forum. I have no affiliation with LPS. I just felt the need to get the word out. I also bought two myself, before I put the word out. Don't know how many he has! I don't know how long this sale will last either.
oldgrandpajack

Just noticed this is a Memorial Day Sale.
http://www.lagger-pro.com

paulr

Flashaholic
All in all the E2e seems like a noticably improved light for a bit higher cost. I don't know how much E2's normally go for but $62 doesn't seem all that remarkable. \

Edit: TTS has that light for $52.99, www.texastacticalsupply.com .

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
paulr said:
All in all the E2e seems like a noticably improved light for a bit higher cost. I don't know how much E2's normally go for but $62 doesn't seem all that remarkable. \

Edit: TTS has that light for $52.99, www.texastacticalsupply.com .

[/ QUOTE ]

That one is the Gun Metal finish, not Hard Anodized. It doesn't look right when used with DSPECK's Hard Anodized parts. I would be very surprised if anyone could find a Brand New E2/HA for less than $62.00 and FREE SHIPPING. Also, remember that pesky pocket clip on the E2E when you put extensions and or large bezels on it. I love the E2E. I own three! But, when putting DSPECK's parts on the E2E the pocket clip just seems out of place.
oldgrandpajack

paulr

Flashaholic
Isn't the E2e clip removable? Although, I think the main difference between the E2 and E2e is in the bezel, so if you're going to swap bezels there's not that much point to paying extra for an E2e.

koala

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've heard someone replaced the clip but I am not sure how to do it. The clip looks very tight in place. I have the long clip on order and I am wondering if anyone here can show some light.

Vince.

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
paulr said:
Isn't the E2e clip removable? Although, I think the main difference between the E2 and E2e is in the bezel, so if you're going to swap bezels there's not that much point to paying extra for an E2e.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, the pocket clip can be removed. I would want a new o-ring after doing that. I am not good at getting o-rings off intact. The E2E has the Pyrex lense instead of the Lexan of the E2. I may use one of the E2/HA's as a poor man's Outdoorsman (E2O). The MN02 shouldn't be to hot for the Lexan.
oldgrandpajack

Brian R.

Newly Enlightened
I checked out lagger-pro.com and the photo shows the E2 (the product description is for the E2 also) NOT the E2e.

Brian

stangster

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Brian R. said:
I checked out lagger-pro.com and the photo shows the E2 (the product description is for the E2 also) NOT the E2e.

Brian

[/ QUOTE ]

Hence the title of this thread. E2 not E2e. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

dougmccoy

Enlightened
Nukiez,

To remove the pocket clip on an E2e is easy but does take a bit of care. (1) First remove bezel and then carefully prise the O ring off the threads. (I have not had any trouble in doing this but some people advocate a piece of tape over the threads to avoid damaging the O ring.) (2) place a length of paracord or similar under the 'U' bend of the clip where it joins the body. Use a moderate pull on the cord and the clip will come out.

Please note that the rubber O ring 'can' squish out when the bezel is screwed back on and this compromises the water resistance of the E2e. Surefire recognised this was a problem and initially supplied a very small plastic washer which was placed under the O ring prior to reassmbly to try to cure this. However, on some models this didn't seem very successful as it prevented the bezel making proper contact with the body of the E2e and thus not lighting. The final solution appears to be a small plastic 'widgit' which is forced down behind the pocket clip (before the O ring) and is very successful at remedeing the problem.

BTW SF will supply either the washer or widgets to you free of charge (I respectfully suggest that you specifically ask for the widgit) but which does take a while to arrive.

As an aside the M2 clip on the E2e works really well and apart from the bulb you will have the Outdoorsman!. I have managed to break one of the small clips on an E2e of mine but SF did replace it.

Doug

Citori

Newly Enlightened
What are the differences between the E2/HA and the E2e/HA?

- Pocket clip is attached to the bezel
- Bezel shape
- No engraving on the body
- No anti-roll bezel
- No flat spots on body
- ???

Anything else? Does the E2 have a LOTC?

paulr

Flashaholic
E2e has a Pyrex lens and LOTC, I think. There are a few different E2e bezels including one with scallops at the front so you can tell if the light is on when it's stood pointing downwards. E2e looks nicer in general IMO. Their tactical squad would have conniptions but I think they should make them in a range of colors, like Mags.

koala

Flashlight Enthusiast
Doug,
Thank you for sharing your clip experience with us. I will try replacing the clip with your method when it arrives. My E2e has the plastic stuck under the clip as you describe.

Vince.