Why did you name yourself "that" nickname for forum?

DrRussia

Newly Enlightened
For example, my nickname on forum is DrRussia because me doctor and I'm from Russia :)

Juggernaut

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interest in lights, because I love tough indestructible, unstoppable "runtime" overpowered flashlights made from chromed plate steel that will literally crush:devil: other lights:whistle:.

octaf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome !

I'm a music lover, well, who isn't?

octaf = octave, and so forth.

:wave:

chew socks

Newly Enlightened
For me, its the same as my xbox live profile. And i named my xbox liver gamertag "chew socks" because i wanted to have something unique, but i was rushing when i entered it. It was supposed to say "chewy socks", but i forgot the "y". And now ive gotten so used to it that i use it for everything.

And i kind of like it cause sometimes i get comments like:

Them: "Hey man, chew your own socks!"
Me: "Maybe i will! They're high in fiber"
Them "Yeah right on man! Chew those things!

-Kirk

PS: :welcome:

american lockpicker

Enlightened
I use american lockpicker because its the name I use on all other forums and because I'm a lockpicker from America(the first forum I used my name on was UKBumpkeys which is located in England).

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
My old Army rank and the type of lights I focus on.

Hey I used to have a big set of bump keys, they were so esy to use and I could get into almost anything. They were a big wake up call to how little protection a lock actually offers!

scout24

Flashaholic
My oldest son's very into boy scouts, the 24 is from my army days... 24th I.D. in Iraq back in '90-'91 :)

jslappa

Enlightened
While in the Marines, everyone is addressed by their last name. Mine is so difficult to say that my Gunnery Sergeant called me JSlappa, the best he could do. Eventually, everyone started calling me that and it lasted my whole time in the Corps. I still Facebook with many of my old military friends and they still call me JSlappa.

Illum

Flashaholic
I prefer something creative, but not off topic.

While I could name myself Grapefruit...I didn't. because this is a forum concerning flashlights, not fresh produce :)

Burgess

Flashaholic
Up until the mid-late 1960's, Burgess Batteries

made flashlights, lanterns, and (of course) batteries.

Being born in 1953, i can still vividly recall them from my youth.

Thus, my "tribute" to this now-defunct, and oft-forgotten brand.

Perhaps i've managed to "keep it alive" for a while longer . . . .

I've received several messages from CPF'ers who still remember 'em.

And, of course, most of our Younger Members have never even heard of them.

I did this for nostalgia, really.

When i signed up for CPF, back in April of 2006,

i was truly AMAZED that nobody had yet claimed the Burgess moniker.

:)

Admittedly, fellow CPF member " AreWeThereYetDad "

probably deserves this UserName more than i do.

:cool:

_

BRO

Newly Enlightened
I was in Viet Nam from Oct 67 to May of 69 with the Ist Infantry Division, often referred to as the Big Red One. Because the Division patch had a Big Red One right in the center of the patch. The first letter of each word, BRO, short for Big Red One.

Doctor, welcome to the insanity! Depending on what kind of doctor you are, you could have a lot of patients lurking about.

Last edited:

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used to do a lot of scrap metal recycling. It was the utility of my first good flashlight (Lux V light) that really got me started. Before that light, I had to get out of my vehicle and walk over to the pile of trash with my Maglite, to find out what was there. With the new light, I could light up the whole pile from my vehicle and be able to see if "those things" sticking up were made of wood, aluminum, steel, or whatever. It saved me a lot of time and I thought it was the greatest thing ever. I'm living in a different place and not searching for scrap metal anymore, but I'm still buying lights!

So, "Trashman" comes from me falling in love (lust?) with flashlights, because they helped me look through trash. Actually, though, I originally logged on as, either, The Zone Ranger (hi-ho-flashlight, away!), or ScrapLite, but I couldn't remember my login. I didn't really give much thought to calling myself Trashman, because I didn't think I'd be spending so much time here, either. I only needed an account to get in touch with Entendue (Warren, now Litemania), because I wanted a Jil. I I'm not sure where I contacted him from, originally, but he said to reach him here, which I did. I don't particularly love the name Trashman, but oh well, it's too late now. I didn't like Mario, when I was a kid, either.

roguesw

Enlightened
Roguesw is made up of my favorite things.
Rogue is from rogue squadron , the rogue
squadron x wing series books.
SW is star wars .

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
After lurking here for a while I chose mine for 2 reasons, where I grew up we called folks into cars gearheads and I had this picture for my original avatar from an old DOS based 3D program.
skullxrnsmall.jpg