Does your wife pick on you when your EDC breaks?

DimmerD

Enlightened
So yesterday I am cutting down trees with the chainsaw and later noticed 3 items in my pocket when all I had in there was my Nitecore EX10. I pulled them out and sure enough my EX10 was in pieces, the head, the body and the battery. Turns out the threads broke off of the head just like some of the others I have seen posted here. I have emailed 4-7's because that's where I got it 8 months ago and I am sure they will take care of me. After I showed my wife she smiled and took a stab, "So what are you going to do without your flashlight now?" I just looked back at her and smiled and didn't say anything. She then asked when my Titan T1A was going to ship and I told her later this month, hopefully. So does your wife/significant other like to pick on you when they know something you really like breaks?

bloke-gear.com

Newly Enlightened
My wife does. Although the good thing that normally comes out of it is that she says "next time I should spend more on something better".

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Sorry about your E10. Definite bummer. I guess my wife is generally sympathetic, but only in a polite way. She really doesn't much care about my stuff, especially the flashlights.

Geoff

tomwoh

Newly Enlightened
Sorry to hear about your flashlight, my wife just shakes her had a lot and pretends to be interested when I talk about my flashlights. Unless of course the power went out :)

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry about the EX10. I have one of the early EX10's and D10's and I don't know if they are a ticking time bomb waiting to break apart. :) I have a newer EX10 GDP which should be good. At least now you'll know you'll be getting a new one that shouldn't break.

As for me, I can't recall having any of my EDC's fail on me, knock on wood. :)

baterija

Flashlight Enthusiast
Never...

Of course I stopped EDCing a wife a long, long time ago. :naughty:

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
.... "So what are you going to do without your flashlight now?" I just looked back at her and smiled and didn't say anything. ....

The correct answer is "You are right honey, I better get a backup light, you never know when the primary will fail."
:whistle:

maxspeeds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry to hear about your EX10. The casing is rather thin. I guess mines will be a shelf queen.

Never...

Of course I stopped EDCing a wife a long, long time ago. :naughty:

:D Hehe same here. Actually, I never EDC'd a wife, and my EDC is always a Ti McGizmo. Haven't had any problems yet (knock, knock)

DimmerD

Enlightened
I like the replies! Last night she says, so how did you sleep last night "without your flashlight!" I always have it on my nightstand so that's where that came from, she just won't let up on me. Can't wait for the Titan T1A now, I'll give her the EX10 when it does, after being repaired of course.

brucec

Enlightened
I've never had an EDC flashlight break. But then again, I've only had my Ti PD-S for 6 months. On the other hand, my other EDC light, the Photon II, is 10 years old and still going strong. There really isn't anything to break in it though.

Regarding the EX10, I'm kind of surprised it broke spontaneously in your pocket! I have 2 of them, and while they are delightful to use and play around with, I don't really trust them for when it matters.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
My wife has never anything to say about my lights provided I keep putting fresh li-ion's in her beloved Orb Wee which is her EDC. :cool:

I can't think what may happen in case that one failed ... :whistle:

DimmerD

Enlightened
Regarding the EX10, I'm kind of surprised it broke spontaneously in your pocket! I have 2 of them, and while they are delightful to use and play around with, I don't really trust them for when it matters.

Yes I was surprised to find it in pieces in my pocket too. I had just used it to look for a leak under the hood as I smelled antifreeze when I got out of the truck. I have had it for 8 months and it got a lot of use, daily.

jblackwood

Enlightened
I didn't even know 4sevens had changed their Nitecore warranty to match their Fenix warranty. I know where most of my paycheck goes now, at least for these brands! (Flashcrazy and Dereelights have their hooks in me too deeply!)

My wife still feigns interest, I guess it's because we're still technically newlyweds (up to two years). We'll see what happens after our 2nd anniversary, I may have to get a padlock for my flashlights!

Last edited: