Sky Lumen        

Thread: New Flashlight!

Default New Flashlight!

Hello everyone. After shopping around, I finally bought the flashlight I've always wanted. I bought a Surefire E2D LED defender! I don't know much about flashlights, but I know I wanted a good quality one. Man, that sucker is bright on the high setting. Thanks for all the great info on this forum!

Flashaholic*

Default Re: New Flashlight!

I can see that you're "hooked" now liked the rest of us! Plan on spending many hours around here... not the mention the $$$.
    FlashCrazy's FlashlightConnection.com! 5% Coupon code: CPF

I hope flashlights aren't like guns, because those have tended to multiply on me!

Quote Originally Posted by texasheat16 View Post
    I hope flashlights aren't like guns, because those have tended to multiply on me!
    Oh no, they are much, much worse.
    [gearcarrot.com] Collector and distributor of (mis)information.
    The Guide to High-End Lights | Flashlight Story Collection updated Sept 28
    CPF Specials | 4sevens | LED Testing | EDCF | #cpf

Flashaholic*

Great Choice!

The E2DL really is impressive and will allow you to appreciate the better quality lights. It is not just bright, it's a well engineered package.

Flashaholic*

Hello everyone. After shopping around, I finally bought the flashlight I've always wanted. I bought a Surefire E2D LED defender! I don't know much about flashlights, but I know I wanted a good quality one. Man, that sucker is bright on the high setting. Thanks for all the great info on this forum!
    Man, you went right for the throat! Good choice! It's a great light, one of my very favorites. But remember, it's a long slippery slope. I'ts pretty much a guarantee that the E2DL won't be your last Surefire! Also check out the E1, E1L, E1B, and E2L. They are all excellent lights.
    Aren't flashlights cool?
    Carry a flashlight, and you'll have a bright future.

great first light! congrats and welcome. Be sure to make room for the many other lights you will obtain.
    Surefire L4, Lowe's Task Force, Malkoff ssp4 drop-in, Luma Power Incendio, Inova X1 v4, Surefire LX2, 4sevens preon, Tiablo A9, Olight T30, Malkoff 3dmag xpg, Inova x5,malkoff m61 in md2 hi/lo switch.

Thanks for the kind welcome guys! Just what I needed in life, another vice! j/k. Now I need a good pouch for it. Any advice on a good flashlight holder I can hook on my belt? The belt clip it comes with doesn't cover my entire belt and I'm worried It will come loose.

chech out maxpedition, they make good sheaths

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by dcycleman View Post
    chech out maxpedition, they make good sheaths
    +1, they look nice, and hold up too.

Congrats at your surefire purchase. The E2D is the surefire that I will probably buy first.

Now to score a 9P and hot rod it!

Thanks for the kind welcome guys! Just what I needed in life, another vice! j/k. Now I need a good pouch for it. Any advice on a good flashlight holder I can hook on my belt? The belt clip it comes with doesn't cover my entire belt and I'm worried It will come loose.
    A cheap, well-made "holster" (I know those two don't normally belong together) is a pen/light holster made by "Raine" http://www.raineinc.com/CatItemDetai...fo=1&Item=0069

I have been using these with my bdu's for years, and never once had a light fall out. Plus, I can keep my Streamlight stylus stowed there as well!

Good to hear you like what you bought. Enjoy it as much as you can.
    By the way, E2D sure is a good choice though, don't forget there are lots lots lots of suckers out there.

Buttrock Re: New Flashlight!

what you did is AWESOME! Surefire E2D LED Defender is the best so far that Surefire is offering. Bang for your Buck!

take good care of it and it will take good care of you.

as in if you ever need to care for the Surefire torches that you will buy. They are rugged and durable.
    Fenix PD30 - 2x123(Lithium)
    Fenix LD20 - 2xAA (LSD NiMH)
    Plus: LSD Tech Batteries

Flashaholic

Congrats!

I agree, the E2D LED is a fantastic light. I keep one in my 'go bag' and another in the briefcase. It also goes through airport security and makes a nice 'security blanket' on flights :-)

Enjoy it in good health.
    Hoppy

Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, DC, New York City Manhattan

Congratulations! I just got one about a month ago, and I love it.

Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, DC, New York City Manhattan

Quote Originally Posted by hoppyjr View Post
    Congrats!

I agree, the E2D LED is a fantastic light. I keep one in my 'go bag' and another in the briefcase. It also goes through airport security and makes a nice 'security blanket' on flights :-)

Enjoy it in good health.
    Thanks for the info on airport security. Good to know you have had no problems. I will not be a worried at the checkpoint if I have mine with me.

Thanks again!

Redled