New Flashlight!

texasheat16

Newly Enlightened
Hello everyone. After shopping around, I finally bought the flashlight I've always wanted. I bought a Surefire E2D LED defender! I don't know much about flashlights, but I know I wanted a good quality one. Man, that sucker is bright on the high setting. Thanks for all the great info on this forum!

FlashCrazy

Flashlight Enthusiast
:welcome:
I can see that you're "hooked" now liked the rest of us! Plan on spending many hours around here... not the mention the $$$. :lolsign::broke:

texasheat16

Newly Enlightened
I hope flashlights aren't like guns, because those have tended to multiply on me!

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast

Great Choice! :hitit:

The E2DL really is impressive and will allow you to appreciate the better quality lights. It is not just bright, it's a well engineered package.

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello everyone. After shopping around, I finally bought the flashlight I've always wanted. I bought a Surefire E2D LED defender! I don't know much about flashlights, but I know I wanted a good quality one. Man, that sucker is bright on the high setting. Thanks for all the great info on this forum!

Man, you went right for the throat! Good choice! It's a great light, one of my very favorites. But remember, it's a long slippery slope. I'ts pretty much a guarantee that the E2DL won't be your last Surefire! Also check out the E1, E1L, E1B, and E2L. They are all excellent lights.

Unclemonkey

Newly Enlightened
great first light! congrats and welcome. Be sure to make room for the many other lights you will obtain.:twothumbs

texasheat16

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the kind welcome guys! Just what I needed in life, another vice! j/k. Now I need a good pouch for it. Any advice on a good flashlight holder I can hook on my belt? The belt clip it comes with doesn't cover my entire belt and I'm worried It will come loose.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the kind welcome guys! Just what I needed in life, another vice! j/k. Now I need a good pouch for it. Any advice on a good flashlight holder I can hook on my belt? The belt clip it comes with doesn't cover my entire belt and I'm worried It will come loose.

A cheap, well-made "holster" (I know those two don't normally belong together) is a pen/light holster made by "Raine" http://www.raineinc.com/CatItemDetail.asp?Src=C&Cat=Pen+&+Pencil+Holder&SrcInfo=1&Item=0069

I have been using these with my bdu's for years, and never once had a light fall out. Plus, I can keep my Streamlight stylus stowed there as well!

seaside

Enlightened

Good to hear you like what you bought. Enjoy it as much as you can.
By the way, E2D sure is a good choice though, don't forget there are lots lots lots of suckers out there.

CdBoy

Newly Enlightened

what you did is AWESOME! Surefire E2D LED Defender is the best so far that Surefire is offering. Bang for your Buck!

take good care of it and it will take good care of you.

as in if you ever need to care for the Surefire torches that you will buy. They are rugged and durable.

hoppyjr

Newly Enlightened
Congrats!

I agree, the E2D LED is a fantastic light. I keep one in my 'go bag' and another in the briefcase. It also goes through airport security and makes a nice 'security blanket' on flights :)

Enjoy it in good health.

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
Congrats!

I agree, the E2D LED is a fantastic light. I keep one in my 'go bag' and another in the briefcase. It also goes through airport security and makes a nice 'security blanket' on flights :)

Enjoy it in good health.

Thanks for the info on airport security. Good to know you have had no problems. I will not be a worried at the checkpoint if I have mine with me.

Thanks again!

Redled