Favorite Fenix model?

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast
What Fenix model (1-AA or 1-CR123) would you recommend to a Flashaholic who already has the general flashlight sizes/types already covered... the guy who really doesn't "need" any more lights? (Not looking for a 2AA or a 6P-size light.) :thinking:

I think I just want a Fenix, but don't need one. What's your favorite one?

Last edited:

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
The L1D (LD10) is a solid dependable light. Low comes on first, unless head is twisted giving turbo on first click. Blinkie modes are there, but don't get in the way. You could also get a CR123 battery tube and tailcap like I did, but I haven't used it since getting the LF3XT.

Geoff

albino

Newly Enlightened
No one 1AA or 1CR123 is my favorite,

reasons:
- both bat./lights-config. are to big/heavy for EDC
- brightness/runtimes are not to great.
- hold and turn-on with the thumb is unconftable to me.

my favotites for this reasons are:
Fenix LD01 CE Q5 Flashlight because it's a incredible size/power combination and a real EDC this light provides enough light for almost every normal-situation.
Fenix Digital PD30 Black Premium Q5 because it's easy to hold (even for a longer forrest-walk, easy to operate, plenty light, not as heawy as others (good for backpacking), versatile with the trafficwand and the diffuser (for alltime car-light), no deal with discharching with CR123 even in cold-winters or hot days) ect.

so, IMHO 1AA are to big for a small light an do not output significant/usefull light.
1CR123 is to small for fist-holding and are not strong enough for a not-EDC.

i know this was not quite an answer to your question but in this case i felt like my thoughts/experience (i do/did own several lights)would be usefull to you.

Narcosynthesis

Newly Enlightened
I like my L1T

Nice size, more than enough power, simple operation (the fiddley clicking through modes put me off the L1D/LD10 models) and does exactly what I need of it.

Beyond those, the E01 is just a cool wee light - it won't stand out as being hugely powerful, but as a cheap, small, handy light to have around it is a winner.
Also the LD01 for being tiny and having a monster output, this one is next on my shopping list.

Sopchoppy

Newly Enlightened
Only have one; P1D Q5 in Olive. An amazing thrower for a light less than 3" long. If you want a clicky, look at the P2D. It's just a tad longer, otherwise it has the same specs as the P1D. I found the best price on ebay.

BRO

Newly Enlightened
LD01 and the LD10/20 are still up there as very solid lights to depend on. Always there will be newer, bigger, brighter lights; but these 3 Fenix lights are still reliable lights for use. I don't have any Fenix rc123 lights.

GregU2

Newly Enlightened
Here's my vote for the P1D Q5. I have one in black and one natural finish. I carry them both on my belt at all times. The natural reflector is a little more OP than the black and has an absolutley PERFECT beam. The black has slightly more throw. They are fantastic little lights.

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
L1T V2, has a forward clickie and just two modes to deal with.

I have been EDCing it to work quite a bit lately and I forget that I have it.

I have an E01 on my keychain for EDC backup that replaced my LODCE because it kept coming on in my pocket, has not happened one time with the E01.

The LODCE is now an ocasional necklight.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Fenix L1T V2...
-Cheap (relatively)
-My most bomb-proof reliable light.
-Great beam quality and tint. It has a nice yellow (slightly green) 15 Lumen low mode. High is very white and neutral tint.
-I have dropped this light more than any other, it has its scratches and dings but it works fine. One time I dropped it squarely on the switch, hard enough to turn it on... survived just fine.
-easy to get replacement parts.
-runs great on any AA cell chemistry, except for 3.7V IIRC.
-reliable twist-mode activation
-No strobes

So simple and easy to use...its almost "boring"... if that makes any sense. I have brighter lights, more features, more "tactical-cool", more $$$, more WOW impressive to non-CPF'ers yet still this one is always with me.

I use a ROV sportsman clip and clip it to my shirt collar for some great hands free EDC action.
dscn5645.jpg

Last edited:

Tomcat!

Enlightened
Another vote for the P1D Q5. I always carry this on my keychain and have done for a couple of years. Before that it was a P1D CE. Although I always have other lights on me, and the P1 size is a bit chunky, I like this light because if I should walk out of the house with just my keys, I know I will always have a light which will cover my needs.

My other most used Fenix is a P3D R100. The form factor is perfect for belt carry in an office environment, and the smooth body allows for both quick draw and return to the holster without fuss. The Rebel emitter gives a nice tint and looks less harsh when inspecting inside machines.

[Least favourite is the T1. An awkward shaped heavy lump that doesn't really sit well anywhere and hasn't proved to be very useful.]

Viper715

Enlightened
One cell lights I say go with Nitecore or Lightflux. I have both brands and I think they both are of better quality then Fenix and more versatile/usefull. If Fenix is your thing I do like the LD01 but is still beat out by the LF2X.

Latest posts