Traffic signal LEDs.... where to BUY?

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I have websearched 3 different times now, with multiple terms.

I can find out how ANY city/county will save labor and replacement costs. I can find websites that say give us all your contact info and we'll get back to you.

Is there not a website where you can actually BUY something like a medium base LED cluster? (preferably Green!)

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Logic dictates that Initial cost per LED bulb would be substantially higher than Ye Old Fashioned incandescant Bulb, and there are 12 bulbs per full Traffic Signal Light.

All you need to find, are 120 VAC drop in replacements, not the entire traffic signal light.

I remember reading that Seattle, Portland or other city in the NW USA went with LED TS lights. Try looking in the General Light forum.

DrAg0n

Banned
do all your traffic lights in your country use leds?

Here in Singapore ALL traffic lights use leds, compared to last time they are quite blinding now....

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
A: I meant 120V replacement screw ins (I LIKE Green!)

B: Around here it is hit and miss. Some intersections are completly LED... others partially... others not at all.
Some seem to be city (many small cities within Houston area) many seem county. Houston itself is so poorly run (Thank ole Lee period P period Brown for that!) that they probably can't afford to buy LEDs. We are closing libraries and fire stations after all.