Klarus        

Thread: Best keychain light

Enlightened

Default Best keychain light

looking for smallest and brighest any help would be great.
    Derek Small my lights= arc 4+ rev2, arc AAA, Aleph 3,Tiblo ACE, fire-fly2, xm2, XM3, LION HEART, Lion Cub, Fenix P2D Q5, streamlight 4AA, pelican pocket sabre 2C, EternaLight EliteMax, inova XO3, inova X5 UV,

Default Re: Best keychain light

I have a L0D Q4 and E01 on my keys.

The L0D is bright enough for most things, tough, reliable, and the E01 is sort of a long running backup.

Enlightened

Thanks I looked at both the E01 is not as bright as i would like the L0d would work but what else is out there.
    Derek Small my lights= arc 4+ rev2, arc AAA, Aleph 3,Tiblo ACE, fire-fly2, xm2, XM3, LION HEART, Lion Cub, Fenix P2D Q5, streamlight 4AA, pelican pocket sabre 2C, EternaLight EliteMax, inova XO3, inova X5 UV,

I keep a LOD Q4 with a 10440 on my keychain. Not bad having around 200 lumens coming out of a keychain AAA light. I also have a Liteflux LF2 SSC on there for something more practical.
    Facebook: Wade Fulp - Follow me on Twitter! @flashlightguy and my main feed @WadeFulp Google+ PROFILE

well, you could consider getting the Fenix LD01 (which sits on my keychain) or if you want to go smaller, get a Lummi Raw or Wee. You could also go for a Muyschondt (hope i spelled that right) Aeon which is a CR123 sized light.

the smallest that i know of is the La Petite Killer by photonfanatic, i'm dying to get one but that is exactly what i will be doing if i do (so says my wife)
    兵久而国利者,未之有也。

I don't know about brightest, but for smallest that isn't a squeeze style you might consider the SL Nano. I have a ton of keys on my chain and anything bigger is cumbersome. If I need more light than the Nano provides I usually have something else on me that will get the job done.

The batteries are easy to find online and cheap when bought in bulk.

There are lots of wonderful threads on this that are really worth a read for those interested.

For example:
    http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...light=keychain
    http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=180464

But I will tell you that I love small lights the most and I carry a Fenix LD01 SS on my keychain every day.

Also, comparing the sizes of some of these lights:
    [code]
    LENGTH: DIAMETER: VOLUME:
    PFanatic 19mm 11mm 1200mm^3
    Firefli 38mm 7mm 1462mm^3
    KD 42mm 10mm 3299mm^3
    LaPetit 23.25mm 14.25mm 3681mm^3
    Eddie 50mm 10mm 3926mm^3

Drake 33mm 13mm 4380mm^3

AUNOC 67mm 9.5mm 4751mm^3
    Nano 37mm 13mm 4910mm^3
    Wee 34mm 15mm 6007mm^3
    Draco 47mm 13mm 6238mm^3
    Mako 68mm 13mm 9024mm^3
    LD01 73.5mm 14mm 11,314mm^3
    Aeon 53.3mm 17.7mm 13,108mm^3
    EZAA 83.0mm 16.6mm 17,963mm^3
    [/code]

See here for more explanation:
    http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...d.php?t=216490

Last edited by applevision; 04-13-2009 at 07:45 PM.
    Galadriel: I give you the light of Eärendil, our most beloved star. May it be a light for you in dark places, when all other lights go out.

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by hyperloop View Post
    well, you could consider getting the Fenix LD01 (which sits on my keychain) or if you want to go smaller, get a Lummi Raw or Wee. You could also go for a Muyschondt (hope i spelled that right) Aeon which is a CR123 sized light.

the smallest that i know of is the La Petite Killer by photonfanatic, i'm dying to get one but that is exactly what i will be doing if i do (so says my wife)
    o man the La Petite Killer is great how many lumens is this light.

I would really be remiss if I didn't mention a Photon by LRI.

Drake or Draco or Wee?
    [gearcarrot.com] Collector and distributor of (mis)information.
    The Guide to High-End Lights | Flashlight Story Collection updated Sept 28
    CPF Specials | 4sevens | LED Testing | EDCF | #cpf

Enlightened

You all are great i think the wee it is what do you all think? to me it is the smallest with the most output correct me if im wrong

the la petite killer uses a nichia 5mm led so it isnt going to be massively bright. you can check out the sales thread here for more information.

I own a Raw NS and it can sit on my keychain too but it is a wee bit on the heavy side. I dont own a Wee but i think that it would be too small to operate one handed, which is why i switched out the Raw NS on my keychain for an LD01 which is easily operated one handed.
    兵久而国利者,未之有也。

Quote Originally Posted by hyperloop View Post
    the la petite killer uses a nichia 5mm led so it isnt going to be massively bright. you can check out the sales thread here for more information.

I own a Raw NS and it can sit on my keychain too but it is a wee bit on the heavy side. I dont own a Wee but i think that it would be too small to operate one handed, which is why i switched out the Raw NS on my keychain for an LD01 which is easily operated one handed.
    Wee is easy to operate one-handed--I swear! It's smooth as silk and, especially when it's attached to your keys, is easy to turn on and off with just a few short turns.

Galadriel: I give you the light of Eärendil, our most beloved star. May it be a light for you in dark places, when all other lights go out.

Quote Originally Posted by mrdee3 View Post
    You all are great i think the wee it is what do you all think? to me it is the smallest with the most output correct me if im wrong
    Go for Wee Ti, lighter than NS and durable. But of course, more expensive yet well worth it.

Several threads I've been involved with have concluded that, pound for pound (or ounce for ounce!) the Drake is probably the brightest. The Wee is a close second when you get the 100lm cool white model.