MC-E in E1B?

K2-bk-bl-rd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am really interested in moddifying a EDC sized SureFire, like a E1B or E1L with a MC-E. I see that some have already done this to a KX2 head. Would the stock driver on the E1B be able to put out 300 or so lumen. I like the ideal of lots of throw in a small package.

clg0159

Enlightened
I don't have an E1B so I can not comment with 100% certainty, but would speculate that the MC-E's 4 dies will not focus properly with the optic. Also, you will not see 300lm using the stock driver, you may see a marginal increase in output due to the better efficiency of the 4 dies vs. 1, but if it doesn't focus properly you will get a floody beam and not even notice the increased output.

K2-bk-bl-rd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have read that the MC-E will work with the same lenses that a XR-E does. Your probably correct about the driver though, it will need more power.

clg0159

Enlightened
Good post Dave,
It does not show the use of the TIR optic in the E1B and Milky only mentions using reflectors.......I would assume there is a reason for this, but K2-bk-bl-rd give it a try and let us know how it turns out.

lumafist

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am really interested in moddifying a EDC sized SureFire, like a E1B or E1L with a MC-E. I see that some have already done this to a KX2 head. Would the stock driver on the E1B be able to put out 300 or so lumen. I like the ideal of lots of throw in a small package.

I did one..
skip the stock driver and go DD..
Heatsink is priority 1...!
You will get a cross but that can easily be diffused with Writeright or other films on the market..

Good luck...!

K2-bk-bl-rd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Guys I'll let you know how it turns out. Why Direct Drive? aren't there any good drivers for this application? I would be using a R123. Where can I get that diffuser film?

lumafist

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Guys I'll let you know how it turns out. Why Direct Drive? aren't there any good drivers for this application? I would be using a R123. Where can I get that diffuser film?

Cause it`s easy....:thumbsup:
With an IMR123 though....!