1 Light to Drop

f22shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
We get alot of the your top lights thread. But what if you had to drop 1 light out of your collection? What would it be and why?
outdated functions, overlap functions, poor quality, beef with the company, no sentimental value, dropped in the toilet etc

:whistle:

Wattnot

Enlightened
P3D. It's not much brighter than the P2D but it's about twice the size. It's been demoted to glovebox duty.

Extra G2. I have two of those and with all of the others, I no longer see the need for a second one. I will probably put it up for sale soon.

Cosmo7809

Enlightened
P3D. It's not much brighter than the P2D but it's about twice the size. It's been demoted to glovebox duty.

Extra G2. I have two of those and with all of the others, I no longer see the need for a second one. I will probably put it up for sale soon.
You have no joke took the words out of my mouth. I just traded my G2 for the same reason as above and also traded my P3D for the same reason and was getting to use at all.... At one point was going to give it away but knew the new recipient will either loose it or break it so I just traded it.

adept1

Newly Enlightened

Isn't the point of the P3D vs. P2D runtime? I always thought the brightness was the same. Funny, my P3D's are also kinda languishing right now. I bought them as bike lights and used them for about a year on AW RCR123s, but recently I bought a few Trustfire TR-801s for the increased runtime of 18650. Of course the Fenixes are better in every way except runtime, but they're the ones on the shelf right now!

If I had to get rid of one light I think it would ironically be the finest light I own, a Jetbeam Jet-III Ti M R2. Don't get me wrong - I like it a lot, but I've got much cheaper lights that work just as well if not better. I guess I realized after I got it, that spending over $100 on a light (in that case $235) definitely has diminishing returns for me.

BlueBeam22

*Super Flashaholic*
I would drop either or both of my Husky 4W 2D tacticals from my collection. They are great lights and extremely tough, but I have the Dorcy 220 lumen rechargeable which is much more powerful than either of them and still in a smaller and EDC'able package.

Zatoichi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Romisen RC-C3 because it gets hot too quickly. I thought it's ability to tail-stand would be useful, but I don't feel safe leaving it unattended for more than a couple of minutes.

That was too easy though, being such a cheap light. :grin2: So, of my better lights, probably my Olight T25 T. I really like it for what it is, but I've gone right off the 2 x AA form.

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
Out of my nice lights, I would have to say my EagleTac T10L. It's a great light with awesome regulation on 18650's, but I just don't like it as much as some others I have in that same size/shape format. I find it has just been sitting on my desk for months. I may end up throwing it up for sale soon in the marketplace, but then again my EagleTac M2 may need a litlle brother to play with lol!

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
one? only one? ermm.. cant. i just cant!

i cant drop just one. if i have to drop i need to drop many.

i am packrat that likes gizmos and is scrooge by heart. -use it till dies for good.

if i have a reason to drop one, i can find also well argumented reasons to drop others too.

hmm 1st to go would be the fauxton. (i can carry bigger one too) but also, i have dozen of them all over the place already so dropping one of them wouldnt hurt :) :grin2:

but dropping them all.. well that would be just insane.. haha.. but might as well do it, if pressed hard. i havent really used them at all. they are just there just in case.

*1st real flashlight to go.. hmm..
x2t. (works with two cr123 only.. no rcr) also i didnt like the fact when it was edc´ing in my pocket (hanging vertically by lanyard) sitting into my car and back couple times and driving around turns it on easily. its a twisty light that is too loose to turn on by mistake. turns my pants into hotpants. :mad: *grin*:sick2::crackup:

*2nd in row.. maglite 2d with the terralux dropin (just too big and heavy for its power, i can get more power in smaller packages) -this was bought for 1. never had a big maglite 2.for future mods like rop.

*3rd to leave the premises.. as i havent gotten it yet, solarforce L2. -might change this if it turns up to be great, to ultrafire a1

*4th all my flashlights can be replaced by something else if it is better. so if i get an ultimate replacement for any of them i can drop them if neccessary.

***also if i need to actually DROP one flashlight i have, that i think can survive it, i would choose tk11.. tested it several times already. 2dn option would be maglite.. as it looks like its gone thru hell and gravel road by previous owners already and still works.-this is what i thought the thread was about by its headline. dropping flashlights. but there is such a topic in "cafe" already :)

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
Spiderfire, come to think about it anything called xxxxfire
EXCEPT Surefire of course

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
Princeton Tec AMP 3, the body is great, but the really blue beam, low that's barely lower than high, the hold the switch to turn off kinda sucks and my cats seem to turn it on when I leave it on a table. It totally gets it's butt handed to it by my Photon Rex in tint and brightness, maybe I should have it modded to GS, it currently has DS, not much more brightness, but I prefer the tint of my Rex GS and it'd kinda throw a little more due to the GS optic.

MWClint

Enlightened
coleman max 3xaaa

it's the only light i can say that is truly a pos.
i cant beleive they charge $24 bucks..its the same price as a 4D mag.
:confused:

tint is green, button crunches instead of clicks, there's a short in the battery holder/switch mechanism so one battery gets hot even when not used.

it not even worth modding/giving away. im only holding onto it for the reflector.

sappyg

Enlightened
the one light i could drop and never miss would be my SF c2. it's in mint condition because it never gets used. i ike it but, i never use it and there is a lot of overlap with other lights. it has a nice LF E0-4 LA and is the only light that i have runing on 17670 batteries. i think a malkoff WLF might breeth new life in it for me though.