EDC and Metal Detector question

HoopleHead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a mini-EDC kit that includes 2 paper clips, 2 safety pins, 1 sewing needle, a small piece of foil, and 1 small fishing hook.

Do you think these items all together would set off a metal detector, either handheld or say at a government building or airport? Or any specific item that would trigger?

Of course I take your recs with a grain of salt, knowing the risks etc. I'm probably going to segment those items anyways so I can ditch if necessary.

I'm also assuming all my small titanium items should be all good.

:thinking:

gsxrac

Enlightened
If theyre all titanium then I would say yes. I have lots of large guage piercings and knock on wood ive yet to set off a medal detector getting on planes, cruise ships, or the colliseum, or sporting events, etc. Buy if you do get in trouble with them be ready for your pack to hit the trashcan! :poof:

brucec

Enlightened
I have a mini-EDC kit that includes 2 paper clips, 2 safety pins, 1 sewing needle, a small piece of foil, and 1 small fishing hook.

Do you think these items all together would set off a metal detector, either handheld or say at a government building or airport? Or any specific item that would trigger?

Of course I take your recs with a grain of salt, knowing the risks etc. I'm probably going to segment those items anyways so I can ditch if necessary.

I'm also assuming all my small titanium items should be all good.

:thinking:

What? No condom??

I don't think these would be much of a problem, except maybe the foil. Incidentally, what do you use all of that for? A mini suture kit?

bshanahan14rulz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I went to court last week. Had to walk through the metal detectors and everything. While i'm sitting in there waiting (what else is there to do in a government building besides wait? sit.), I realize that I forgot to leave my flashlight in the car! This light is made aluminum and is an 18650-sized light! (it is the x2000 sliding aspherical zooming light from dx/kd, btw.) Why didn't this set off the alarm, and what if somebody made a gun out of aluminum? tsk tsk tsk. Even the government's metal detectors are too lazy to do anything lol :tinfoil:

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
The slightest bit of steel can set off detectors (depending on what sensitivity they're set at, of course), but you're good with Ti. I have a Ti bolt in my head and have had zero problems with it in that area.

Latest posts