Scratches on M*G reflector

jdriller

Flashlight Enthusiast
I tried to clean a M*G reflector with a paper towel. Scratches everywhere /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Does anyone know how to get rid of them? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

FreeBSDboy

Newly Enlightened
I'm pretty sure you can buy replacement reflectors if all else fails. They're only a couple dollars.

N162E

Enlightened
Yes, get rid of the reflector!! Not meant to be cleaned or touched. Only way you can clean one is to blow dust off with air or use a SOFT brush. Don't fret too much. Only a few dollars to replace. Mag reflectors can be bought direct from MAGLIGHT online. I think they are about $3.50.

Don't do that again... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
DO NOT USE MAG-POLISH

I've was playing around, joking that mag(wheel) cleaner should work on my mag(flashlight) reflector /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Less than 2 seconds later all the reflective paint was off the plastic /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif

-Jason

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
mag reflectors severly suck /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

i really hope someone looks into an aftermarket solution to the reflector, like krill has done with the tailcap.
it is especially bad for modding /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
maglite wants their lights to throw far, not have a smooth beam so i think they'll probably leave it the way it is. all reflectors get easily scratched, including surefires.

jdriller

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the help, everyone! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif They are cheap enough, so I will order more.