Surefire question

burtonmotox

Newly Enlightened
Just a quick question to you surefire fans. I believe I have an e1e, and I would of course like to put an led bulb in it. Now I've done a little looking around and can't seem to find an answer to the pretty simple question, maybe everyone already knows, but anyway, are the heads on the e1e, e1, e2e, and e1b interchangeable? I'd like to get the tls head I beleive, the e2e single stage model for hopefully a little more output. I saw a few posts down someone was saying they got nearly 220 lumens with this setup, but I'm not sure I understood it correctly. Thanks for the time...

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was under the impression that all E-series heads were interchangeable. Correct me if I'm wrong.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
E-series heads are thread compatible in general. So you could in theory buy just an E1E head and put it onto the existing E1 body. I think the price difference between the whole light and just the head make it a better deal to just buy a whole new light iirc. :rolleyes:

There have been a couple mods where an LED was made to fit into the reflector of the E1, but I'm not aware of any available at the moment.

Yet another Washingtonian I stumble across tonight... :grin2: so fyi we're doing a get together this Saturday in Seattle if you're interested. The link in my sig has the details.

flip

Enlightened
I have 3 TLS heads. 2 for the E2e and 1 for the E1e. Mine are all single stage. I have ran the version for the E2e on a single rechargeable 17500 battery so it should work fine in an E1e with 1 RCR123A battery.

I have not tried it on a primary battery. To me, the TLS head for the E2e is a good bit brighter than the version for the E1e.

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some times you can find heads for E1B's on the marketplace. That should work fine, and you would have atleast 100 lumens.

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just a quick question to you surefire fans. I believe I have an e1e, and I would of course like to put an led bulb in it. Now I've done a little looking around and can't seem to find an answer to the pretty simple question, maybe everyone already knows, but anyway, are the heads on the e1e, e1, e2e, and e1b interchangeable? I'd like to get the tls head I beleive, the e2e single stage model for hopefully a little more output. I saw a few posts down someone was saying they got nearly 220 lumens with this setup, but I'm not sure I understood it correctly. Thanks for the time...

If you want a Surefire LED head then get the KX1. If you want more light output then you will need an E2e body or use rechargeable Li-ion cells in your E1e. A TLS LED upgrade will work well with Li-ion cells.