New U-15/T-15. Improved reflector and light engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barbarin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some changes on the U-15 / T-15 head had increased overall output by 30%, and throw by 120%. Upgrading for previous P7's models is available.

Not time enough to do outdoor pics comparing this new one to previous 15's, but a distributor sent me this yesterday, comparing our light to a well known incandescent lights using 6xCr123, with 20 min runtime.

t15m6compbyn.jpg

T-15 is the botom picture.

grinsefalle

Enlightened
Hi Javier,

are the new T-15 with P7 LED?
I have one of the first T-15 with 2x18500 battery and 4xKLC8 LED, this one could not be updated, could it?

My t-15 is very impressing, but this more power is very tempting :)

greetings
Michael

Barbarin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello guys,

Yes, this light is using a D Bin P7. Angle of the hot-spot is difficult to define because of it's soft transition, but we can say that it is between 3º the brightest area, and 5º. Is a real thrower. The corona is similar, perhaps a little bit brighter than previous models, and angle is the same. Measurements give us a 130% brighter hotspot and a 35% increase on overall light.

Yesterday it was raining, so did not took pictures. Maybe tonight.

Javier

Phattestdude

Newly Enlightened
A few questions on the new U15:
1) Is this not direct drive?
2) Do you have any experience with the new light in low vis water (like 10-15 ft of vis). Is the considerable spill good or bad? The beam sounds great. Question is on the spill.
3) Most importantly: how can we order the new light?
4) Lastly: is there a retro-fit kit for last year's model?

Barbarin

Flashlight Enthusiast
A few questions on the new U15:
1) Is this not direct drive?
It is regulated as every U-15 from 2008. It can be used with 4xCr123. When the batteries are near the safety low volt cut off the light starts blinking.
2) Do you have any experience with the new light in low vis water (like 10-15 ft of vis). Is the considerable spill good or bad? The beam sounds great. Question is on the spill.
Yes. In fact for me spill is very important, as it helps to orientation and to locate possible dangers such as wires, nets, cutting edges.. And it helps your friends to see you. The spill is now very similar, but the main beam is narrower, so for low visibility it must be better.. anyway, when visibility is really low (caves) what you need is pure soft spill, 505 nm, and dim lights.
3) Most importantly: how can we order the new light?
Supposedly this week the e-shop was going to be working, but if not you can contact us by our website.
4) Lastly: is there a retro-fit kit for last year's model?
Not possible. The new reflectors are like way deeper, have larger diameter, so there is no way it can be placed on the old heads.

Thanks for your interest.

Javier

Last edited:

Divegeek

Newly Enlightened
Hi Javier,

I must be one of the few that has a 2009 version of the U15 (with P7). What will the update procedure be to upgrade this to the "Improved" 2009 model?

Status
Not open for further replies.