X-Glow 1AA LED Flashlight Mini Review

Dr Jekell

Enlightened
This is a mini review of the X-Glow 1AA LED Flashlight available from Jaycar in New Zealand and Australia.

3446326639_929c3d060b_o.jpg

This light is slightly taller than a novatac light and uses 1 AA Battery. The light is not much bigger in diameter than the AA battery.

It comes with a belt holster, Duracell AA battery and a lanyard.

The light uses a tail cap clicky with momentary on.

It has an OP reflector and has a beam profile similar to the novatac line but with less spill. The tint is a warm white with a very slight purple tint on the edges of the spill.

The unit I purchased feels solid and has some weight behind it

Problems - The only problems I have had with this unit are:

- That initially when I first turned it on it had almost no output. This was originally put down to the battery being DOA (The package had been previously opened) but when I tried a Lithium AA & it lit up properly for a moment then reverted back to the starting output but a bit of a shake had it working properly :shrug:

- That the threads were bone dry, a small problem but one that ruins a good first impression.

- Lumen output is not as advertised. It is close but not a full 80 Lumens, probably closer to 50 - 60 lumens.

Conclusion:

It is a very nice light for the price. It has now been put into EDC usage. I will be purchasing some more and will also look at the 3 AA model.

I will get around to posting some more pic's & beam shots soon.

Haz

Enlightened
Thanks for your review, from what you have described, output, single mode, appearance, I was actually thinking it was perhaps a $20 light. I guess from a brick and mortar store in Australia, that is indeed good very value and high end!.

Not trying to hijack the thread, but the Akoray from DX is around $20 (AUD$30), and quality and output (multi mode as well) seems much better value I think.

gollum

Enlightened
I think most importers for Aus/NZ assume users are accepting of the low quality offered to us...I love the wow factor when I show them a real light...
one of my edc lights is a p7 modded light putting out 700 lumens :crackup:
everyone reacts the same ...:wow:

Dr Jekell

Enlightened
While I agree it is not the greatest light out there. It more than suffices for back up use or for a loaner.

It would also be good for someone who is just starting out into LED lights.