Bodged MAG 6D LED Upgrade

daveneal

Newly Enlightened
I am new to this forum.

I recently decided to upgrade my MAG 6D cell after the factory bulb went.

Without researching on this forum I opted to buy the standard MAG 4D upgrade and fit it. It works ok, but not much better than the standard bulb.

Am I a total criminal for doing this? :confused:

I want to get the most out of my mag-lite and would appreciate any suggestion as to how to do this.

I also have an LED Lenser T7 coming in the post. I'm probably going to make another investment in the next couple of months and will base my choice on the vast amount of information on this forum.

Thanks guys,

Dave :D

DM51

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF, daveneal.

No, you most definitely NOT a criminal! What you are is a modder. You just didn't realise it until now, lol.

I'm going to move your thread to Homemade & Modified section, where you will probably receive advice which could make that Mag 6D of yours into a MONSTER!

jasonsmaglites

Enlightened
poor guy probably wont be able to find his thread now. (noobies) and plus i think this really did belong in led's anyway. oh well.

daveneal, if you want a nice simple upgrade for a mag, there is a master thread around here with 30 options for you. the best noobie option we have right out of the bat is the terralux 4-6d upgrade. ive got one if you wanna pm me i'll help you out. or check out our want to sell section towards the bottom of the main menu. pm me or come back here for any more advice. WELCOME! :wave:

daveneal

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for this guys.

I found the master thread.

I just need to decide how much to spend now!