E2 question...

scuba

Enlightened
I realise that this kind of question may be pretty annoying for seasonned CPFers but I'm quite new. I'm ready to buy my first E2 tomorrow and a store around here actually has a lot of them. I would just like to get few advices on wich one to buy. I don't mind buying the most expensive as long as there is something better about it. Aren't the E2e elite and the outdoor one pretty much the same thing? And what about the simple E2? The 3 I saw on their website are the E2E-HA, the E2E-SG and the E2O-HA...any other ones?

Size15's

Flashaholic
There is also the E2e-CJ which has a Jungle Camo Anodised finish and an E2 "winelight" which I have only ever see at SureFire's HQ in California.

I suggest you go for the E2e-HA.
The SG looks good but will wear and age fast if used as Everyday carry (EDC)
The E2o is the same as the E2e apart from the E2o has the MN02 long runtime lamp and the long pocketclip.

I'm not a fan of the original E2 because I lost an E2 when it unclipped itself during a taxi ride. I've also had it detach far too often. This has never happened with any of my E2e's.

If you get the E2e or E2o you can buy the other clip and lamp from SureFire (or through your dealer).

Al

scuba

Enlightened
Thanks a lot for the answer! I will own an E2e-HA so later than tomorrow night! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

freewheelin'

Enlightened
Ihave an E2-CJ, an E20 and my dad got my E2elite, the E2-CJ and E2elite are identicle except the color and the CJ cost $10.00 more and put out 60 lumens MN03. The E2O has the longer clip and has the 25 lumen MN02 lamp, You can convert to the other by swapping lamps Goy some of mine are from bulldog enterprises. Its the only place that had the E2CJ.

AluminumOvercast

Enlightened
Here's an E2e-SG:
fc117489.jpg

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
ohhh-ahhhh...

purdy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

*sets wallpaper* /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
pic is actually a little to small /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

do you have any larger ones?

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Saaby said:
Careful what you ask for Roth...

[/ QUOTE ]

careful is my middle name! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
(this coming from the guy with the model hands...)

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
thanks shelby...that's what i did..

i use an extremely high res though, and it was grainy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

i have it centered right now...i much prefer stretched to fit...but with an image that cool, centering will have to do /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

PieThatCorner

Enlightened
Just looking at that photo makes me want to hunt down and buy/abscond an E2e-SG. Where's the drool graemlin when you need one?!

scuba, I highly recommend the E2e-HA - once you get a chance to use it, you'll forget what you paid for it. Given its size and light output, ounce for ounce, it's one of the best lights around.

-Jim

yclo

Flashaholic*
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

K-T

*Moderator*
Shelby, good to see you back here after a long time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

scuba

Enlightened
Hey,

Thanks for all the answers! I just got home with my E2e-HA still in the package...pretty exciting! My first surefire too!