Need some information about Fenix TK10

gah

Newly Enlightened
Hello all.

This is my first post in this excellent forum, though I have read alot in the past months.

First, I know about the search option but some of my questions I could not find an answer to.

I own a Surefire 6P with a Malkoff M60 drop-in, great light but now I want a Fenix TK 10 too.
My questions are:
-Does the TK 10 has the same or a similar lockout tailcap feature as the 6P? To me this is a must have.
-Does it have reverse polarity protection? This is not important, but some say it does and some it doesn't. Just curious. This means it will not be destroyed if you put in the batteries the wrong way, right?
-Is there possible to get a black "spacer" to replace the tactical grip ring instead of the orange one?
-How is the light output in high compared to the M60 (overall and throw), and in low to the P60L/M60LL?
-How water resistant is the light? Does it withstand heavy use in heavy rain and snow over time?

This was all for now. Hope some of you can answer my questions.

HeadCSO

Enlightened
:welcome:

1. The TK10 has a lock out tailcap.

2. It has reverse polarity protection.

3. Black spacers are available from 4Sevens.

4. Don't have a M60 to compare.

5. I've only gotten my TK10 wet in light rain. The O rings on the light are quite substantial, so I don't think this will be a problem.

h2oflyer

Enlightened
#6...Dropped onto concrete from ladder a couple of times ...10-15 ft. couple of scratches/gouges...no other damage ...works fine.

Walter

gah

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the welcome.

The black spacer they got at 4sevens/fenix-store only says TK11, will it fit the TK10 as well?
Someone got the TK10 compared to those other dropins?

HeadCSO

Enlightened
The black spacer from 4Sevens fits the TK10 fine. Its where I got mine from.

notsobrite

Newly Enlightened

don't know if cost is a factor but they're on sale for ~ $58 at the big river w/free 2 day shipping.

BRO

Newly Enlightened

don't know if cost is a factor but they're on sale for ~ $58 at the big river w/free 2 day shipping.

What and where is the Big River? For $58 dollars I might buy one myself.

notsobrite

Newly Enlightened
there is a very big river in south america named the Amazon. there's also an obscure website with the same name.

Policetacteam

Enlightened
I have never understood why Fenix did not include the black ring with the package!?! The gold one looks ridiculous and they only charge like $2.00 so its obviously not an expensive part. Black light should have black parts! Sorry...I had to vent!! :shakehead

gah

Newly Enlightened
Yesterday I ordered the TK 10. Hopefully it will be as good as my Surefire Malkoff combo, as I could need the low mode as well as the 200+ lumens.
When it comes to the black spacer whitch I also ordered I totally agree, what a stupid idea to include a gold/orange spacer with a black light. Wonder who came up with that great idea?!

tango44

Enlightened
The TK10 have a nice beam, (well balance between flood and throw) I try my friends TK10 during the weekend but I just receive a TK11 on a trade, this is a spotter (thrower) but it has a donut on the beam I wish I had kept a TK10.

notsobrite

Newly Enlightened
Yesterday I ordered the TK 10. Hopefully it will be as good as my Surefire Malkoff combo, as I could need the low mode as well as the 200+ lumens.
When it comes to the black spacer whitch I also ordered I totally agree, what a stupid idea to include a gold/orange spacer with a black light. Wonder who came up with that great idea?!

gah-

did you get your tk10 yet? what do you think of it?

rookie

Enlightened
Just wondering, does anyone know if the TK10 and TK11 heads are interchangeable? :shrug:

:thanks:

Latest posts