Problem with mt Lumapower Light

mmajunkie

Newly Enlightened
It worked fine than would not turn on.

I thought the battery was dead, replaced and no go. I checked all the contacts and the LED, all appear fine.

So I tried old standby of smacking the palm of my hand with the light, each time it would light up for a split second.

Has anyone had a similar problem? How can I fix it?
LumaPower.jpg

Thanks

Mark

HEDP

Enlightened
I had two MRV's (one MRV SK and one MRV SK v1.1) and wanted to switch the heads. One had a slightly different coating.

The original one worked fine, but when I switched the other head it did not.

If I tightened it down good it worked fine, but if I tightened it down really tight, it wouldn't work anymore. Don't know why, like it was over-tight, even though I was only doing it hand tight, and I don't have really strong hands.

So, I put the original head back on and left it at that.

Mikey V

Newly Enlightened
It worked fine than would not turn on.

I thought the battery was dead, replaced and no go. I checked all the contacts and the LED, all appear fine.

So I tried old standby of smacking the palm of my hand with the light, each time it would light up for a split second.

Has anyone had a similar problem? How can I fix it?
LumaPower.jpg

Thanks

Mark

I have several MRV's. They are very sensative to switch adjustment and positioning within the cap. You may have to either tighten or loosen the switch slightly in the cap, or, tighten or loosen the center plastic retainer disc within the metal switch housing. On one of mine, I had to disassemble the switch and reassemble with the switch parts in a different orientation (i.e, I turned the switch 90 degrees within its cubby hole in the housing). Then it worked fine. Sometimes, the spring needs to be repositioned slightly. The adjusting of the switch is something that needs better desemination as it is a common issue on many MRV's and I hear, MVP's as well. It drove me to distraction until I figured out the problem and how to fix it;)

HEDP

Enlightened
I have several MRV's. They are very sensative to switch adjustment and positioning within the cap. You may have to either tighten or loosen the switch slightly in the cap, or, tighten or loosen the center plastic retainer disc within the metal switch housing. On one of mine, I had to disassemble the switch and reassemble with the switch parts in a different orientation (i.e, I turned the switch 90 degrees within its cubby hole in the housing). Then it worked fine. Sometimes, the spring needs to be repositioned slightly. The adjusting of the switch is something that needs better desemination as it is a common issue on many MRV's and I hear, MVP's as well. It drove me to distraction until I figured out the problem and how to fix it;)

Ironically I just started using mine and am having this exact problem. Maybe I will attempt to fix it your way before I send it back.

The light works great now, but I had problems with it today. Once I gave the head a twist, it worked. It was such a small twist I didn't even know that the head had moved.

The problem with this is that I'm in Law Enforcement and need my equipment to work 100% of the time, it could cost me or someone else their lives.

Should I send it back for a replacement or will the other MRV's have the same problem?

HEDP

Enlightened
Has anyone else on this board had this problem?

I've contacted Matt at BatteryJunction and waiting for a reply. He has been very good with customer service.

I don't want to go through all the work of exchanging my light, but because I'm in Law Enforcement I have to be able to rely on my equipment 100%.

However, I don't want to get a new light and have the same problem as the old one did.

Unclemonkey

Newly Enlightened
I had a very similar problem with my Lumapower incendio several months ago. I finally contacted Matt and he had me send it in for repair. I got it back a few weeks ago and It worked fine for about a week. Just the other day it would not turn back on again. I'd rather not bother Matt and the guys but I don't know what to do? good luck

HEDP

Enlightened
I had a very similar problem with my Lumapower incendio several months ago. I finally contacted Matt and he had me send it in for repair. I got it back a few weeks ago and It worked fine for about a week. Just the other day it would not turn back on again. I'd rather not bother Matt and the guys but I don't know what to do? good luck

Me either. But as I posted above I can't have a light that will fail on me.

If I'm entering a house with an armed suspect and I reach for my light to turn it on and it doesn't, then I'm in trouble.

LowFlux

Enlightened
Hi, first post at CPF after lurking for a while. :wave:

I've got a Lumapower M1 w/Q5 that had a similar problem when I first purchased it. I had tried swapping reflectors and discovered that if I did not have everything screwed down as tight as possible it caused the light to not work consistently (like if I tapped the light it would go out). Once I figured this out I've had no further problems. I like the M1 a lot, but it's a bit big to EDC in pocket so it gets carried in my bag.

You could also have a problem with the tail switch or the Sidekick switch.

You might get a faster response if you post in the CPF Marketplace in the Lumapower sub-forum.

Stay safe, officer. :candle:

HEDP

Enlightened
Hi, first post at CPF after lurking for a while. :wave:

I've got a Lumapower M1 w/Q5 that had a similar problem when I first purchased it. I had tried swapping reflectors and discovered that if I did not have everything screwed down as tight as possible it caused the light to not work consistently (like if I tapped the light it would go out). Once I figured this out I've had no further problems. I like the M1 a lot, but it's a bit big to EDC in pocket so it gets carried in my bag.

You could also have a problem with the tail switch or the Sidekick switch.

You might get a faster response if you post in the CPF Marketplace in the Lumapower sub-forum.

Stay safe, officer. :candle:

Thanks.

Ironically when mine's a little loose it works great. It seems to be when it's a good and tight it has a problem. I'm not sure about this though.

mmajunkie

Newly Enlightened
I have tried for the last hour to get mine going with no luck.

Lumapower is now on my DO NOT Buy list.

Unclemonkey

Newly Enlightened
Thanks.

Ironically when mine's a little loose it works great. It seems to be when it's a good and tight it has a problem. I'm not sure about this though.

I have the exact problem now. I have played with it for a while now. I have unscrewed the head and clicked it on. As I tighten the light it comes on at about 3/4 of the way then goes back out as I fully tighten the light. I think I may have to get a new light?:confused: