Mini Chopper parts?

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey CPF,

I have looked every where I know to look including the Internet to find a part for this mini bike.

The part I need is the chain tensioner/tightener. I have found a few websites that sell parts for these bikes but I have not been able to find the specific part I need. The part just looks like a rubber or plastic wheel about 2-3 inches in diameter.

The bike.

The wheel just slides up and down on that metal bracket. What is on there currently is just a piece I made from some plastic, rubber and a bolt.

If anyone has a direct link to the part for purchase that would be best, but other ideas are welcome.
Thanks.

Superdave

Enlightened
I'd just find a metal sprocket with pressed in bearings. As long as your chain alignment is good you shouldn't have a problem.

Maybe try a lawnmower shop, take the chain with you too.

Good Luck!

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Superdave,

That's not a bad idea. I guess if I don't find OME equip, I could maybe use the sprocket off of a chain saw or similar. For now I think I will hold out for the real part, but thanks for the input.

O'Neille

Newly Enlightened
How about a nylon skateboard wheel turned down to the correct shape? Cheap and the materials are similar or better than the original.

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about a nylon skateboard wheel turned down to the correct shape? Cheap and the materials are similar or better than the original.

Hey O'Neille, Welcome to CPF

I definitely think that is a possibility. I have been racking my brain trying to think of where to come up with a barring small enough for this part. I had not even considered the skate wheel. If I can find a semi soft one (helps keep the noise down) it could work with very little machining on the wheel, maybe just a groove or slight indention in the center to keep the alignment.

These are great ideas, more input welcome.