Jetbeam        
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SE Regional Get-together III Cloudland Canyon Tennessee Georgia Alabama June 13

Flashaholic*

Party SE Regional Get-together III Cloudland Canyon Tennessee Georgia Alabama June 13

Hi Everyone

Here is an open invitation to all who enjoy good people, good food and good lights. Everyone is invited.

Update May 19: We will be in Cabin 15 this year on the west side of the park. See link below for cabin location inside the park

http://gastateparks.org/content/geor...nd-sitemap.pdf

This will be the third SE Regional Get-together in three years and based on the success of the first two this GT promises to be a lot fun for everyone who attends. I believe everyone who has attended the last two will tell you this is not something you will want to miss.

This year like the last two we will be gathering at Cloudland Canyon State Park in north Georgia located just outside of Chattanooga TN. The park is roughly the same distance from Atlanta, Nashville, Knoxville, and Birmingham so the location is a good compromise for a regional GT. Cloudland Canyon is a perfect place for what we need offering very scenic views for day activities such has hikes and great darkness for demonstrating all of the lights that will no doubt be there. Before the darkness comes we traditionally put on a feast for dinner grilling burgers and hotdogs with all kinds of sides everyone brings.

This year David (4sevens) and I have selected a date of June 13 for this yearís event as a starting point. If you would like to attend and have a conflict with this date then please post ASAP so we can try to accommodate everyoneís schedule. We would like to have a firm date ASAP.

There are several options available for you and or your family if you would like to spend the night in the area. I will be renting a cabin and will offer an open invitation to anyone who would like to grab a couch or role a sleeping bag on the floor. The cabins are large and offer plenty of room. The Park has several campsites available including one near the cabins. It is recommended you make reservation in advance if you plan to camp in the park. There are also hotels near by if this is more appealing to you.

Traditionally everyone brings something for the cookout like beans or chips and we generally start the grill around 5:30 if you are planning on showing up for just the cookout. Drinking is not allowed in the park as a general rule but shouldnít be a problem at the cabin. Oh and lets not forget, be prepared to see some amazing lights both old and new.

I will keep this thread updated as needed.

Cloudland Canyon
    122 Cloudland Canyon Park
    Rising Fawn GA 30738
    Reservations (800) 864-7275
    Park (706) 657-4050

http://gastateparks.org/info/cloudland/

The park link will give you more detail on the fees but here are the basics.
    $3.00 per car per day

If you would like to camp, here is some info.

73 Tent, Trailer, RV Campsites ($22)
    30 Walk-in Campsites ($10)
    11 Backcountry Campsites ($5/person)
    16 Cottages ($95-$115)

Hotel
    Days Inn
    95 Killian Avenue
    Trenton, GA 30752
    (706) 657-2550
    Nice reviews and low price

Last edited by Lebkuecher; 05-19-2009 at 01:08 PM.

Default Re: SE Regional Get-together III TN GA AL June 13?

And I was just about to bump the old thread to see when this was going to happen this year. Excellent timing!!

I couldn't make it last year due to last minute circumstances, but I most certainly will make it this year.

Count me in, tentative on +1

Sounds like a lot of fun. I may just have to come up for this, as I have yet to meet 4sevens who has consumed most of my hobby $$$ for the past couple of years. I don't know what my schedule holds for that weekend, but if I can make it I will.

I'm definitely interested, I missed out last year, but i'm only a couple hours away. I set a google calendar reminder to make sure i checked this forum.

The Southland with a RedBull in one hand and iPhone in the other

Default Re: SE Regional Get-together III TN GA AL June 13

haven't missed one yet
    And Teeming With Souls Shall It Ever Be.
    NOTICE: I'm a guy. Im to poor to buy cheap.
    Aeon- Smaller, Brighter, Better...

hello,

thanks for the pm, im coming and bring an bit colors with me.

+B
    swissbianco usa

Flashaholic

Im not sure yet, But I hope I can make it. Atleast for a few hours.

The Southland with a RedBull in one hand and iPhone in the other

Quote Originally Posted by mossyoak View Post
    haven't missed one yet
    and i wont be missing this one even if i have to call in drunk/dead/incarcerated.
    And Teeming With Souls Shall It Ever Be.
    NOTICE: I'm a guy. Im to poor to buy cheap.
    Aeon- Smaller, Brighter, Better...

Flashaholic*

I just rented cabin 15 for Saturday night, the cabin is on the west side of the park so this will be a change from last time. Cabin 15 is located at the top of the map.

BTW I rented the cabin for both Friday and Saturday night (two night minimum). Anyone planning to come Friday?

I’m really starting to look forward to this year’s event!!!

Steve
    Last edited by Lebkuecher; 05-19-2009 at 12:58 PM.

I'm planning to come down friday. Was planning on staying in one of the walk in sites.

Default Re: SE Regional Get-together III Cloudland Canyon Tennessee Georgia Alabama June 13

Aint got nothing to show yet, but would be cool to see what everybody else gots! bring sunglasses for night?

Flashaholic

Default Re: SE Regional Get-together III Cloudland Canyon Tennessee Georgia Alabama June 13

I might be in for it. Not sure if I will be doing a show that weekend, but if not, I could bring all of the lights I sell for people to play with. I should have some prototypes of some new stuff by then as well.

My wife and I would like to attend. It will be our first. I will be checking out the motel. Or maybe a cabin.

Flashaholic*

Just two more weeks and Iím getting excited!!

I will arrive Friday mid afternoon so anyone arriving Friday is welcome to stay in the cabin Friday night as well.

I would like to get a feel for how many people will be showing up so please confirm if you can make it. I will bring the hamburger meat so can we have some volunteers to bring some other items? Iím sure I am forgetting something but below are some ideas you can volunteer to bring.

Charcoal and starter fluid
    Buns
    Hamburger fixins
    Covered dishes
    Appetizers
    Chips & Dip
    Rolls
    Dessert
    Drinks
    Salt
    Pepper
    Spatula
    Tongs
    Plastic silverware
    Plate
    Glasses/ cups
    Napkins/ Paper Towels
    Trash Bags
    Cooler /Ice
    Firewood

Anyone bring any special lights? This is what I am bringing.

Arc LS 6
    ARC LSH-P
    ARC LSH-P 3 watt 123 and 2 AA battery pack
    ARC AAA Turquoise
    Arc AAA P original
    Arc AAA ver 4
    Surefire L4
    Surefire E2
    Surefire G2
    CR2 Ion
    Peak Matterhorn brass
    Peak Rainer
    Peak Pacific brass and Ha with all battery packs in brass
    Peak Baltic 2AAA & 1AAA
    HDS 60 XRGT
    HDS Ra Twisty (Red LED Version)
    Innova X5
    Custom A19 Cree
    ElektroLumens Blaster 3P with Cree
    Moded ION with Cree
    Lumapower ConneXion
    Lumapower LM 301 & 302
    Lumapower special edition of D-Mini Nickel Plated
    Fenix LOP
    NightCore Cr123
    NightCore AA
    Fire Fly III both bodies
    Mag 2 AAA mod UV cree
    BOGO Solar Power

Steve

I'm coming and bringing a friend along. I'll bring buns (How many?) and some chips and salsa.

I'm not sure what all i'll be bringing. I know of a few things i'll have for sure:
    RaClicky 140
    RaTwisty 120
    Novatac 120p
    2d ROP Equivilant... (modded to bipin with side charging port)
    3d>12aa 623
    Surefire G2
    100mw green laser
    100mw UV laser
    125mw Red laser
    ultrafire C2 P7 mod
    aurora mini-mag mod
    zebra light H30 and H60

I'm sure i have more i'll bring that i cant remember. I'll probably bring my Hobby charger to recharge the mags.
    Last edited by smopoim86; 06-02-2009 at 12:49 PM. Reason: added lights

Flashaholic

I really hope I can make it. Getting to see the lights in those list would make it worth it. I'll bring some drinks or something, that just would be extra, So you dont have to depend on me for beans or something.

i joust ordered an tentsite for 2 nights, friday - saturday - sunday. since i have only one tent, one place is still avaliable if somebody want share, 2 tents are allowed on one tentsite.

roger at swissbianco.com

+B

Looks like we can't make it after all. Maybe next time.

I'll also bring my camera gear. Maybe we can build an "ultimate beam shot compilation". Anyone up to the challenge?

I can't wait for this!

Here at 4sevens we have 6 definite and 4 maybies for attendance.

Trevor

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Customerservice@4sevens View Post
    I can't wait for this!

Trevor
    Great! I wanna see those Quarks.
    I worked so overtime this week so, I should have some extra money.

Flashaholic*

For anyone wanting to camp keep in mind there is a security gate that closes at 10 PM so make sure you select the West Rim Campground so you won’t have to leave early. This will not be a problem for the walk in sites.

Looks like we will have a good crowd this year, so far it looks like we will have around 15 to 20 people.

Quote Originally Posted by smopoim86 View Post
    I'll also bring my camera gear. Maybe we can build an "ultimate beam shot compilation". Anyone up to the challenge?
    This could be fun, what kinds of camera are you bringing?

Quote Originally Posted by Customerservice@4sevens View Post
    I can't wait for this!

Trevor
    Hey Trevor, are you going to bring your air canon? I still can’t believe how high you were shooting those lights a couple of years ago.

Good to see you guys are going to make it this year.
    Last edited by Lebkuecher; 06-06-2009 at 06:13 PM.

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Lebkuecher View Post
    For anyone wanting to camp keep in mind there is a security gate that closes at 10 PM so make sure you select the West Rim Campground so you want have to leave early. This will not be a problem for the walk in sites.
    I dont plan on staying over night, Should there be any problem with me leaving?

Flashaholic*

Hey choaticwhisper

I believe the gate goes across both lanes of the road so if you didnít spend the night then you would need to leave about 9:45. The park office is closed now or I would call to find out for sure. It could be just a one-way gate. Here is the number to the Park (706) 657-4050 if you want to try calling them this week.

Anyone else remember?

Quote Originally Posted by Lebkuecher View Post
    Hey choaticwhisper

I believe the gate goes across both lanes of the road so if you didnít spend the night then you would need to leave about 9:45. The park office is closed now or I would call to find out for sure. It could be just a one-way gate. Here is the number to the Park (706) 657-4050 if you want to try calling them this week.

Anyone else remember?
    I think there are car sensors in the pavement inside the gate that open the gate. It's like this as ft yargo state park. Think about it, what would you do for emergencies? Steve do you remember if it was a motorized gate?

Flashaholic*

Iím not sure David but I believe it is an electrical gate. I will call the park in the morning and find out if people can leave anytime and post what I find out.

Flashaholic*

I called the park office this morning and you are right David about there being a car sensor. The gate will open automatically if you are leaving.

Car campers will still need to select the West Rim Campground because there is a gate going into the East Rim Campground. You can see the gate right before you get to the East Rim Campground on the map.

It is free to change your reservation up to three days in advance if you need to. (Reservations (800) 864-7275)

I'll be bringing my Nikon D80 with a good tripod and a few lenses. My friend will also have his D40.

How many buns? 3 dozen be enough?

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by smopoim86 View Post
    How many buns? 3 dozen be enough?
    Good question, Iím not sure at this point. I think we will have a better idea Thursday of how many people we will really have. I plan on stopping on the way up to buy the hamburger meat.

How close are the walk in sites to the cabin? From the map it looks like the path the walkup sites are on comes out close to the cabin.

I'm getting so excited.
    Daniel

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast