Need help finding flashlight gift.

arcel1t

Newly Enlightened
My sister's (15 Years old) confirmation is coming up. I need help finding a nice gift.
I offcourse was thinking of a flashlight preferebly somthing she might carry. She have seen my fenix TK11-R2 and cheap P7 and MC-E lights.
And have expressed that she want somthing bright.
It dosen't hurt if it's good looking (titanium ore steel)

Price range absolute max 200$.
Battery type: Alkaline is prefered but cr123 can be used, I would have to supply her with those.
Type: bright EDC .

Thank's in advance.

vali

Enlightened
I think the LD01 SS can be a good gift. Its stylish, not that big, bright and can use alkalines (but work better with rechargeables).

Some other lights can be good too. A D10 with a trit is an awesome gift, but some ppl dont like the interface.

Since she saw your P7 or MC-E lights, she knows how bright things can be and a R2 can be "too dim" after seeing those (so is the LD01). You may need to check how much bright is "bright" to her.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
My sister's (15 Years old) confirmation is coming up. I need help finding a nice gift.
I offcourse was thinking of a flashlight preferebly somthing she might carry. She have seen my fenix TK11-R2 and cheap P7 and MC-E lights.

Battery type: Alkaline is prefered but cr123 can be used, I would have to supply her with those.

Thank's in advance.

Your a thoughtful Bro, wish my sister would buy me a $200 light.

arcel1t

Newly Enlightened
I think the LD01 SS can be a good gift. Its stylish, not that big, bright and can use alkalines (but work better with rechargeables).

Some other lights can be good too. A D10 with a trit is an awesome gift, but some ppl dont like the interface.

I think the LD01 is to dim, I have a D10 but where can I get one with trit?

arcel1t

Newly Enlightened
A nice AA light ... .fenix-store.com

I was looking for somthing a little more special then a normal D serie fenix.
It would have to be the Stainless steel version LD01.

I would have bought the Raw NS, but I cant give here a light using exotic Li-Ion batteries.

ANDREAS FERRARI

Flashlight Enthusiast
As I was reading your opening post the very first light that came to mind was a LDO1 SS. At 80 lms. it is not too dim for the average teenage girl(the LAPD use a 100 lm. Pelican 7060 for daily patrol).If you want to spend more than a nice Ti light would be great if someone can suggest one in your price range that runs on AA or AAA.We really need more girls around here.How would a bunch of guys know what a teenage girl likes.Greta-maybe you could join in here.

Toaster

Enlightened
Stretch the budget just a little bit more and get a Surefire Titan T1A.

arcel1t

Newly Enlightened
As I was reading your opening post the very first light that came to mind was a LDO1 SS. At 80 lms. it is not too dim for the average teenage girl(the LAPD use a 100 lm. Pelican 7060 for daily patrol).If you want to spend more than a nice Ti light would be great if someone can suggest one in your price range that runs on AA or AAA.We really need more girls around here.How would a bunch of guys know what a teenage girl likes.Greta-maybe you could join in here.

I think you are right, how can we know?.
I was thinking of somthing that looks more like a jewelry than a flashlight without serious lack of performance. I understand this might be hard to come by.

arcel1t

Newly Enlightened
Stretch the budget just a little bit more and get a Surefire Titan T1A.

It is a Surefire, but I think it's a bit costy after all it's still HA aluminum.
If it was made by TItanium I could understand the price.

And she might not appreciate it like a cpf member because she dosn't know what a Surefire is.

HKJ

Flashaholic
It's not exactly bright, but a titanium Arc AAA is about the coolest
looking little flashlight there is :grin2:

I will agree with you that the Arc Ti is cool looking, but it is not the only one.

The Killer lights are also very cool, and it is possible to buy them.
The Aeon and Lummi's are much more powerfull lights and the Aeon has the advantage of many colors.
DSC_3996.jpg

Daekar

Enlightened

Thank's in advance.

So we're looking for something bright... how many lumens? Will she be disappointed when your 800 lumen P7 light is brighter than hers? Or is something closer to 200 lumens acceptable? Or 100?

Batteries... alkalines... hrmm. How about you get her two packs of AA eneloops and an 8-bay MAHA charger from Thomas Distributing and a light to put them in? It'll get her using rechargables and it opens up the number of lumens she'll be able to get. Alkalines just aren't going to cut it for "bright."

I bought my roommate a TK20 (with the yellow grip) and she uses it when she has to check horses at night. It's not too complicated but satisfying even for me, particularly with the neutral-white beam.

If you want something smaller, I'd say get one of the 1xAA offerings from Fenix or Nitecore.

Bigger... well, a TK40 will undoubtedly be bright and will run well on Eneloops. There don't really seem to be any top-notch 4xAA lights out there for some reason, but you could make her a custom 1D mag and get a 4AA>1D battery holder. And then of course, you could just make her a ROP-Lo or use a 6AA>2D holder with a Malkoff dropin...

HighLumens

Enlightened
I wish I had a relative who gives me flashlights as presents!

Anyway, could she use programmable flashlights? In this case you could consider a special edition LiteFlux LF2X ($70) link

It's "not" bright compared to P7 and MC-E leds (it's just a Q5) but it's shiny and perhaps she might like it. Just my 2 cents.

arcel1t

Newly Enlightened
Thanks.
Many great advices, almost to many so I have to narrow it down.

Arc AAA and Icon have style but are not bright enough.

The TK20 is bright enough but lack style and I bought one for my dad
and I dont think she want's the same light as him.

Aeon and Lummi's are realy cool but have wrong battery type.
I wont give her Li-ion if it's even one in a million chance it will:poof:.

I think the Liteflux is to hard to opperate a simple IU is best.

I didn't mean she woudn't be impressed with lights below P7 and MC-E lumen ratings I told this to express that she knows what flashlight's theese days can do.
if I wanted high lumen I woud have bought the TK40 but thats not an EDC.

I have come to this conclusion.
I want to give her a high quality light that will last "forever".
In a small stylish package, a light she will cary in her purse ore pocket anywhere she travels. With a 100 + lumens. Preferably AA ore cr123 primaries.

I was looking at some Surefire's: The E1B, E1L and L1
They definitely have quality. They are cool and stylish? (depends on the eye)
How about the performance? 80 surfire lumens count's for more?.

Forgive my messy text.
If somone coud tell me how to multy quote that woud be great