LED nightlights ????

snuffy

Enlightened
I've been looking for some LED nightlights without any success. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif
All I've found is those square bluegreen "Limelights" and the Sauce Lightwasher.
Can someone point me in the right direction?

rodfran

Enlightened
Hey Snuffy, Check with the AB workshop.
Awhile back he modded a crescent moon with a central white led and six green leds on the periphery. He posted the pictures, and it really looked cool, with the green leds radiating outward. You might inquire if he is still modding these. I bought one of his ab-glolites(glow in the dark flashlights,modded with an led) and I have really enjoyed using it.

Empath

Flashaholic
Walmart carries the Leviton pictured below. It comes with your choice of a green or white LED, and is about as bright as the same styling of nightlight with a 4 watt bulb.

SB-171F.jpg

Picture courtesy of Sunnybase. Please visit their site at http://www.sunnybase.com.hk

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I've had one of the Walmart lights pictured in Empath's post for about six months. No problems, nice white light. It seems to do better turned upside down-no bright spot in your eye. I think I paid about five bucks.

snuffy

Enlightened
Thanks Empath/Flying Turtle./ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
That Leviton is exactly what I've been looking for.
I looked in Wallyworld but I must have missed it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

rodfran

Enlightened
Hey Snuffy, Thanks for the post!
And Hey Empath and Flying Turtle, Thanks for the info. I`m going to look for one of those nightlights the next time I am over at Walmart.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I have picked several of the lights with sailboats, lighthouses etc. and one LED in the body shining up through the clear thing. These are also at Wallyworld.

The sailboats have blue LEDs, and one of those lights without the sailboat points down at my toilet and lights it up just dandy!

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I've used a CMG Bonfire, hung on a hook over my toliet, for a nightlight. I also have some 110VAC strings of ForeverBright LED Christmas lights for nightlights. One string (with red, yellow, and green LEDs) is just jammed up inside a translucent frosty globe and plugged into a socket near the head of my bed, another string (all yellow LEDs) is wound around a phoney plant in the bathroom. Two strings (one with red, yellow, and green LEDs, and the other with all blue LEDs) are usually on in the computer area up near the ceiling.
Finally, there's a Digitronics LED nightlight in the bathroom, though it's a bit on the bright side for a nightlight (my opinion here, YMMV).

snuffy

Enlightened
If anyone is still looking for the LED nightlights, I saw them on sale today at Meijer for $3.99. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Wingerr

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Darell said:
I believe that I measured a string of 70 Foreverbrites at 8W total.

[/ QUOTE ]
A wee higher than I'd like for a nightlight, but I'll have to get a set if I come across them-
Did you use something like a Kill-A-Watt meter? Really handy thing to have for measuring power draw, up to 15A-

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been running several of the Levitons in the teal/green led for roughly 2 months now with no problems at all and have been very pleased with them.

I use a Sauce Orb as a nightlight on the the stair landing next to the fishtank (the fish seem to like it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif ).

Darell

Flashaholic
Sure it is higher than the draw from a single nightlight. This is 70 LEDs! 25 feet of them! Kind of a tough comparison. Compare it to, say, a string of 70 4W bulbs and see how they measure up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif