World's farthest throwing 1 x AA light.

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is something I just slapped together. For a 1 x AA light, both have extreme throw.

ARC mania

30u8k83.jpg

25u2kqc.jpg

2lx6yk1.jpg

eeot3.jpg

Last edited:

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: World's longest throwing 1 x AA light.

The 007 light has a 1 x AA barrel that I had custom made. Produces the same amount of light as the one powered with 2 x CR123's. The Regal EDC with the Tiablo lens throws further. Both are fun.

ARC mania

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast

Since you're playing with throwers...

How about one of your SC1600's in a TTM module?

megaextremettm.jpg

clg0159

Enlightened

Arc,
That last pic gave me a good laugh:crackup:
That head is friggin huge! At that point you may as well put more energy density behind it cause you aint gettin it in your pocket.:laughing:
Seriously though that is pretty cool!

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast
greenlight: Tried to send a PM but your box was full. Thank you.

clg0159: Its a bit top heavy. Kinda reminds you of the old Atari joystick when facing down on a table.

Sorry about the brainfart on the spelling. Been sniffing too much solder lately with all the projects. Damn must be the lead :)

ARC mania

Last edited:

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I missed your message, but I get the picture.

I went on a stealth ride on my bike tonight with my 007. I don't want to light up everything, but I do want to see what's 100m away. This light is great for that.

It's amazing that the low mode throws a visible beam that is almost as long as the high mode. I mostly use low mode, but the high mode is great when more light is needed.

Last edited:

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast
greenlight: Awesome camping trip.

Maybe I should sell a few of the UF-007 and Regal EDC mods. I have spares on hand.

The beamshot on the left is the UF-007 (1 x AA) and on the right is the Regal EDC. The pictures were taken 5 meters from the wall. You can see how much tighter the Regal EDC's beam is which also throws much further. For lights running on a single AA battery, you can't get any better than this.

ARC mania

2ir9qhf.jpg

vrwrc4.jpg

wmnsle.jpg

20tf8eu.jpg

volbn5.jpg

fneuf

Newly Enlightened
Nice, I wasn't aware that someone had mod an EDC! What bezel and what aspherical light are you using ? And which version of the EDC is that ?

B30wuLF

Newly Enlightened
very nice lights!!
i think this is the solution for my archery shooting light problem :twothumbs

i take a regal hawk head and build a back end for it.
what driver led combo would you recommend? should be powered by 2 or more 18650.

most important: how do i get my hands on one of those heads? THIS tell me that regal is out of business.

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast
B30wuLF: I have a few spare Regal EDC's with modified converters + tiablo head + adapter for $140.00 shipped express if interested. This mod is a PITA. The upgraded converter's light in high mode is 35% brighter than the stock converter in the Regal EDC. The new converter can only use NiMH, Alkaline or L91 lithium AA only. No 14500's.

ARC mania

B30wuLF

Newly Enlightened
you put this head onto a regal EDC and modified the barrel.
am i right?
could i just make a short barrel and put a led pill behind the tiablo head?

i dont want to carry the batteries on my bow. they go on my belt. so i have no use for the whole light.

could you tell me how heavy the tiablo head is?

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast
B30wuLF: You will need to machine an adapter to go in between the Tiablo head and Regal EDC's barrel. Then you will need a higher output DC/DC converter. The head weighs 120 grams. Its a big chunk of glass.

ARC mania

B30wuLF

Newly Enlightened
i think you did not quite get what i am up to:
i want to build a light unit (tiablo head+emitter+driver+switch+cable) and pouch for the batteries. kinda like a bike light.
i dont want to use a EDC as the light source. what driver emitter/combo would you recommend for max. lumen? power consumption is not an issue since the batt pack is not yet build.

machining the small barrel to fit the tiablo head is not gonna be a problem for me. or is it even possible to machine my barrel from an extension tube or light body from KD? does the thread in the head fit one of those?

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast
B30wuLF: If your going to build a light unit and have a lathe, you should have no problem designing or machining something to fit the Tiablo head. I don't buy from KD so I wouldn't be able to answer your questions about finding a battery tube there. The only thing I hear from others is that they have a selection of cheap DC/DC converters which I recommend. I make my own DC/DC converters for these lights.

ARC mania

jasonsmaglites

Enlightened
thank god we're not in high school any more, lol. we'd get picked on so bad for this. kudo to an original build.

qarawol

Enlightened
GREAT mods Mike!!!!

PayPal sent per our conversation.

B30wuLF, you should jump on one while ya can. Mike makes his own converters and everything else is done. I don't think you can buy a better converter from the sites you mentioned.

Njoy...