My flashlights story

dmo580

Newly Enlightened
Story (for fun): I was tired of my AA Mag (not LED) and I wanted something that could provide me decent light and so I surfed here did my research and bought a Fenix L2T. As a general rule, when I'm buying something (2AA flashlight), I buy the BEST IN CLASS. I carried both lights when I went camping a week later and holy people were impressed by my L2T. Of course. I did my research =)

Forward a semester and I brought the light home for thanksgiving only to lose it somewhere. I bought another one before I went camping. This time it was the L2D RB100? The Q5 was just about to come out and I couldn't wait so I had to buy another one. Anyway, the RB100 was insane and wouldn't you know a year later I lose that one.

It's a week before camping again and I sit around and I buy a LD20 this time. Gee, this is gotta be the end-all, and meanwhile I dug around the house for a whole night and I overturned couch covers and I finally found my L2T!!!!!! Then digging around some more, I found my L2D fell into a crack in the trunk and hid underneath the emergency pack. 3 whopping flashlights.

I never felt more nerdy in my life. It all started out as a modest mission to upgrade my AA Mag and here I am looking like one of you guys at CPF (no offense).

Forward a few months and I'm here at work. Someone bought some $20 flashlights off Amazon so we could use. They're AAAA batteries. Come on. These things are tiny. I lose mine naturally in no time. More like someone stole it out of my tool box because I don't lock up. Whatever. I bring in my LD20 from my car just to look at some stuff, and the next day it disappears off my desk. WHAT THE HELL. I'm about to fume. I go camping the next week and I bring my L2T. I'm not going to lose the better RB100. I bring the L2T into work one day because I need a flashlight but this time I keep it in my pocket the whole day.

Anyway, one of the R&D guys was looking at a sample with me and my L2T blew his $20 crap away, and then when the R&D director saw he said gimme that and he asked me where I got it and ordered 10 in no time. So today I got a L2D Q5 at work which is cool, so I can bring my L2T home so I don't lose any more crap at work.

If you don't want to read the story:

Of course I'm still fuming about my LD20 and part of me feels like I need to replace it! Maybe a TK20 because it's probably better outdoor when I go camping? Or maybe I should buy me an E01 fso I don't lose it since it's on my keychain? Input? Haha. I tend to prefer 2AA though because I have a buttload of rechargeable AAs lying around. AAA is ok like a keychain light too simply because I got a few AAA sets lying around for my 3 graphing calculators =)

HKJ

Flashaholic
:welcome:

You need the new TK40 :D, size is a bit smaller than a Mag 2D, but it is much brighter than any other Fenix (and Mag).
The Tk20 is a nice light, I like the solid construction and the yellow rubber (makes it easy to find the light).

I you camping involves any work in the dark, I would suggest that you also get a Zebralight.

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Howdy dmo580 and welcome to CPF,
I always enjoy a good flashlight story. Sorry you lost one of your lights, but with your luck it still might show up someday..... probably just after you replace it..... again.

And I hate to tell you this..... but you're one of us now. :D

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to the dark side, Luke.... (deep echo breathing)

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast

Unfortunately, lights like the L2D are gateway drugs to heavy flashaholism. Hide your wallet now.

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
You need to find the guy that's nikin' lights at work give him a full on blast.

I think you need an LD01 on your keychain, because if you don't have a 2AA handy you'll find out it's no big deal.

A TK20 might be a good camping like because of the tint, but I'd prefer to have all the levels on the L2D/LD20. You might want to checkout a ZebraLight headlamp. There is no better camping companion (it's not like other head lamps). It won't replace an L2D/L2T, but it will complement it perfectly. You can thank me later!

Keep an eye on those lights... at work maybe get a holster.

6speed

Newly Enlightened
Sounds like you need a neck lanyard. That one for the Icon sure looks good and would probably sell on it's own.

Don't fret it too much I did the same with my knives working in the warehouse when young. Dad said put it in your pocket when done, three or four knives later I took his advice. One hand opening/closing clip knives make this a lot better today. To do over again I would also get the bright colors!

gollum

Enlightened
welcome to CPF ...

I've been here a year and now own thousands of $ of lights :laughing:

I've always liked a good light but the quality ones are the ones you will treasure and last for a lifetime .... as long as you don't loose them

EPVQ30

Newly Enlightened
if lights are misteriously disappearing around the work place.. why would you leave your precious laying around?

i betcha it will turn up in time... they have in the past!:thumbsup:

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast

Unfortunately, lights like the L2D are gateway drugs to heavy flashaholism. Hide your wallet now.

I once owned a few old Mags, AA, C & D, put some dropins in them and was happy. The I got a Surefire U2 and an L4. I had everything you need.

Then I ordered an L2D-Q5 (why did I do that :confused:) along with an L0D. The rest is history and a nightdesk full of flashlights... :eek: