Energizer Headlight

ltiu

Flashlight Enthusiast
I found this at Academy:

Comes with two battery packs, a 3x AA and a 3x AAA -> Can use either AA or AAA.
2x 5mm red LED, 1x Cree white LED.

Last edited:

Marduke

Flashaholic
BrightGuy has had it for a while, but I have yet to see a review to know how good it actually is.

What did Academy want for it?

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was interested in this one too. Half-watt did a short right up on it IIRC in the "modern emitter headlamps" thread. I think it's a sticky.

I posted a thread asking questions on this light, and didn't get many answers.

ltiu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Academy: $44 + tax. Came with 3x AA L91 and 3x AAA L92.

Moonbeam pattern off the primary Cree. Even light pattern, no defined spot or spill. Moombeam has a sharp outer boundary. I find it perfect for in the house, in and around the tent, working in the garage on the car/bike, short range use.

Focusing mechanism is useless (to me) as all it does is make the moonbeam diameter smaller but does not actually make the center spot any brigther.

Pretty efficient, I ran it off 3x AAA alkaline on low on the Cree for about 5 hours and the batteries tested at 1.21v.

The battery packs have rubber gaskets. So water resistant at the very least. I like the fact that you can quick swap battery packs. Instead of having to change individual batteries when running low. If only Energizer sells spare battery packs. I'd load these up before a caving trip and just swap battery packs instead of individual batteries.

I think the idea of quick swappable battery packs need to be emulated by otgher headlight manufacturers.

Last edited:

The 8th Man

Newly Enlightened
I just picked up this headlight from target but the new package only has One AA battery pack. The package even says "Detachable Battery pack" instead of "Interchangeable" like the one in the link at the beginning of this post. The instructions inside the pack do refer to switching the AA or AAA but it does not seem to be included, I guess they are trying to cut costs.

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Focusing mechanism is useless (to me) as all it does is make the moonbeam diameter smaller but does not actually make the center spot any brigther.

Isn't making the beam diameter smaller supposed to make it brighter all around (not a spot)?

ltiu

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just picked up this headlight from target but the new package only has One AA battery pack. The package even says "Detachable Battery pack" instead of "Interchangeable" like the one in the link at the beginning of this post. The instructions inside the pack do refer to switching the AA or AAA but it does not seem to be included, I guess they are trying to cut costs.

Interesting, I have never seen this same headlight at Target. I will go check later today.

ltiu

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have an idea.

Buy another headlight from Target and throw away the second headlight. Now you have a headlight with 2 interchageable battery packs.

insanefred

Enlightened
I saw it at target, didn't get it, one button that you have to go through 6 modes is a deal breaker for me. :(

ltiu

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw it at target, didn't get it, one button that you have to go through 6 modes is a deal breaker for me. :(

Most headlights and flashlight are like that. How many headlights have more than one button?

ltiu

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 4xAA Remington/Rayovac, the Energizer Hard Case Pro, the PT Apex, the Myo XP.

Oh yah, the Myo XP has the boost button (2nd button). But so does the Energizer headlight that's the subject of this thread.

So this Energizer headlight has two buttons, not one!