Ideas for carrying case, bag for RA Twisty??

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, I'm carrying a RA Twisty in my pocket for edc and was wondering if anyone has an idea for a bag or something to protect the light in my pocket? Thanks!

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why not make one? If it were me I'd either sew up a case from something like a chamois or just trim down a Crown Royal velvet bag. Emptying the bag could be fun, too.

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
Keep it alone in your pocket with nothing else. That way it is ready to be used as soon as you take it out of your pocket without having to take it out of something else. A sunglassess pouches might work. You can find one that is a thin material with a little draw string. How about trying a belt holster?

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Keep it in your pocket with a hand full of 16 penny nails for a day.That will get you over the fact that sooner or later it WILL get scratched.This way you don't have to fret over it and you can use it like it was designed for.

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
Keep it in your pocket with a hand full of 16 penny nails for a day.That will get you over the fact that sooner or later it WILL get scratched.This way you don't have to fret over it and you can use it like it was designed for.

I thought maybe he wanted to protect everything else from the Ra! :whistle:

Those 16 penny nails don't stand a chance. :devil:

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought maybe he wanted to protect everything else from the Ra! :whistle:

Those 16 penny nails don't stand a chance. :devil:

When I got my first D10, I carried it for about a week to put the light through it's paces. I carried the light clipped in my front pocket, with my Twisty riding in the bottom of the same pocket clipless. Well, one day I picked up my D10 and happened to notice it was scratched up pretty bad, I then realized that the Twisty had done all the damage :eek: That light is hardcore, I'd be more worried about what it will damage, rather than it getting damaged itself :p I am now always aware of what else goes into any pocket with a Ra in it as well....

litetube

Enlightened
That's not nice , the RA beating up that poor little D10. :shakehead

I hate hearing stories of flashlight violence like this. I suggest anger mngmt. classes for your RA . Or hold the RA down and let the D10 get in a few licks. Stand up for your Nitecores man!!!

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's not nice , the RA beating up that poor little D10. :shakehead

I hate hearing stories of flashlight violence like this. I suggest anger mngmt. classes for your RA . Or hold the RA down and let the D10 get in a few licks. Stand up for your Nitecores man!!!

LOL! I actually put the Twisty on a weeks suspension without carry for that mishap. There was no need for that kind of treatment to be dished out by the Ra. It's such a beast!

My D10 has since recovered from it's injuries, but it is now taking the Twisty to court in an attempt to receive compensation due to it's life changing scars it received from the altercation :)

UnderTheWeepingMoon

Enlightened
When I got my first D10, I carried it for about a week to put the light through it's paces. I carried the light clipped in my front pocket, with my Twisty riding in the bottom of the same pocket clipless. Well, one day I picked up my D10 and happened to notice it was scratched up pretty bad, I then realized that the Twisty had done all the damage :eek: That light is hardcore, I'd be more worried about what it will damage, rather than it getting damaged itself :p I am now always aware of what else goes into any pocket with a Ra in it as well....

Your poor D10 :sick:. My mobile phone knows how it feels. It's got knurling marks across its screen from being carried in the same pocket as my Clicky.

callmaster

Enlightened
I'd suggest the deluxe sheath from Spec Ops. It's a holster type thing you put through the belt. Real nice.

I already have too many things in my pockets.

And you're right, the Ra Lights are so tough you have to worry about the things it might scratch up. I tried putting it together with my mobile phone but the mobile phone came out looking like it went through a war and back.

Haha, never again though.

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks guys for those excellent tips! I was just wanting to put it in something to keep lint, etc; off the lens, not too worried about anywhere else. I do carry a small Seb. in that pocket but it's in a leather case. Really don't know why I'm worried about it anyway since the light is practically bombproof!!

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use a number of small leather bags, coin purses and what were probably former makeup pouches all made of nice leather. Most of the ones are just big enough for a pocket size light and other than my primary EDC clipped in a coin pocket the others are all well protected in their leathers :D