Eneloop charger question

Bruceter

Newly Enlightened
Hi All,

I am going to order some Eneloops for a new light and was wondering if I can use a charger that I already have.

It is a Sony BC-CS2A, the output spec's are: 1.4V 400mAx2 160mAx2
It shows the two different mA levels on the same line, just as I have typed them here.

Can I use this charger for Eneloops? Or, should I buy a different charger?

TIA

Bruceter

Marduke

Flashaholic
I believe that is a "dumb" timed charger. I recommend a decent quality smart charger which has independent channels.

Russel

Enlightened
Hi All,

I am going to order some Eneloops for a new light and was wondering if I can use a charger that I already have.

It is a Sony BC-CS2A, the output spec's are: 1.4V 400mAx2 160mAx2
It shows the two different mA levels on the same line, just as I have typed them here.

Can I use this charger for Eneloops? Or, should I buy a different charger?

TIA

Bruceter

I couldn't find a manual online for this charger, but looking at a photo of it, I think two of the battery compartments are for AA cells that charge at 400ma and the two other smaller compartments are for AAA cells and charge at 160ma. This charger should work for Eneloop cells. If you recharge AA or AAA cells very much you may want to consider a better battery charger such as a MH-C9000.

Bruceter

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all the help everyone!

I think I'll skip getting a new charger and get more batteries instead.

Bruceter

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have that too, 400ma is for AA and 160ma is for AAA. It does work fine but takes a long time to charge, which isn't so bad by itself since you can just leave it overnight. But it can only charge 2 at a time so if you use more than 2 it'll be a pain.