flashlight mounts for lever action / bow + *BONUS HAWAII PHOTOS*

evbouret

Newly Enlightened
I live in Hawaii and hunt late evenings most often for wild boar. The last half hour of legal hunting time is the prime pig time but it is already pitch black underneath tree cover. I am looking to buy a flashlight that I can mount onto my Winchester M94 Ranger and also mount onto a 1" aluminum stabilizer that fits onto my bow. The rifle is picture below.

I am looking to keep the entire set up, including the light/mount/pressure switch under 100$ if possible. I have seen barrel mounts but there isn't enough barrel on my rifle to fit the mount on there. Has anyone dealt with this problem before?

As far as lights go. I am looking for a smallish rainproof light capable of illuminating about 50 yards. I have used a 2AA maglite lashed onto the stabilizer but it wasn't quite strong enough. I am looking for something with a little more juice.

thanks guys!!! Here's some photos to show you guys what we do here in Hawai'i!

P1010422.jpg

guavakaidouble.jpg

boar.jpg

ram.jpg

Mango-Boar-Pose.jpg

BackstrapsBBQ.jpg

HanaleiPig3.jpg

HanaleiPig2.jpg

anaholaboar.jpg

Ev-Boar.jpg

Last edited:

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
:welcome: And nice pic's! Looking at the pic's, you're gonna want a pretty tough weather proof light...The only people that I know of that make light mounts for various size barrels is Sufre Fire (from there classic weapon light variants). Not sure of the model number for the barrel mount, but once you get that, get an M78 Mount for 1" lights, and a G2 with a good led head (Malkoff). Most of these can be found used in the Market Place, and should keep ya right at $100-$130, and still have a decent light. When it comes to flashlights, you really get what you pay for. I actually have two light mounts for picatinny mounts in the MP, you'd just have to get the barrel mount, as these only attach to picatinny mounts. Tons of options out there, but, like I said, SF is the only company I'm aware of that makes mounts for "any sized barrel". Hope you find what you're looking for!

Found it, it's the M14. Fleabay might be the best place to get one for a good price.

Last edited:

greenLED

Flashaholic
I've never seen flashlight mounts for bows. You might have to hack one.

:thinking: Wouldn't attaching something to the stabilizer affect it's functioning?

(just by coincidence, I went bow/target shooting this morning - had lots of fun)

AKDoug

Newly Enlightened
You might be against this idea but duct tape fixes anything! Nice pics, boar hunting with a spear is on my bucket list!

evbouret

Newly Enlightened
AOW:
Do you think the Surefire M14 mount will fit around both the barrel and magazine of my gun? Or is the metal stock thin enough to fit in between the magazine and barrel. I'm worried about the screws not being long enough to fit.

GreenLED:
A stabilizer's purpose is to shift the COG forward. I currently have a dampening stabilizer on my bow, but my old stabilizer is made of aluminum and is 6" long 1"diameter. I have seen the 1" to 1" clamps that would work to clamp a 1" tubed flashlight onto the stabilizer. I couldn't imagine it affecting the bows performance too badly. A pressure switch could be electrical taped or velcro'd near your finger to push at full draw.

AKDoug: Tape isn't pretty, but it absolutely works. I would just like something a little more sturdy and clean looking. btw: spear hunting is a great way to slice up your own dogs. use a knife instead, a lot safer for you AND your dogs.

evbouret

Newly Enlightened
Have any of your tried to mount a light in a see through scope mount? Any problems with it?

AKDoug

Newly Enlightened
Just had an idea, what if you get one of the ATI shotgun mag tube clamps. Then get a section of picatinny rail. Split the mag clamp and use both halves on one side and the picatinny rail on the other. Then you could use a weapon light or a 1" scope ring and a 6P style light. You could also put some bike inter tube on both sides to protect the finish of your rifle.

BTW, a knife hunt is an awesome idea!

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
OT from the lights, but that's some good lookin' BBQ & BBQ to be!! What's your favorite way of cooking it?

I hunted javelina in Arizona a few times. I was smack dab in the middle of them a week before & a week after legal season! Isn't that just the way it goes sometimes. Typically though, when you finally get it down, figure out the little porkers...you're set.

I've seen some big domestic hogs driving down to Homer, Alaska (on the way to slay halibut & salmon)...heard they had some escape, though I don't think there's any season or confirmed numbers. Maybe someday?! Meanwhile we've got a "few" other critters to keep us busy with!

Thanks for posting the pics! Sorry I don't have any answers on the mounts though.

Hey AKDoug, ya have any "hogs" up there in ER that we can hunt at night? You know we'd have to dress like Ninjas though! I dunno though, I'm getting older and can't jump the fence at the zoo like I could in my younger days!! :crackup:

Last edited:

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, It looks as if it might, once the screws are removed. the tope of the mount does look thin enought to fit between them. If not, daisy (not high brand, i know), but they have a clamp that used for shotguns to hold lasers...but if the barrel of the 94 is as thin as the laser module, it should work to hold the 1" light like it attachs to the shotgun barrel???

AKDoug

Newly Enlightened
Well, It looks as if it might, once the screws are removed. the tope of the mount does look thin enought to fit between them. If not, daisy (not high brand, i know), but they have a clamp that used for shotguns to hold lasers...but if the barrel of the 94 is as thin as the laser module, it should work to hold the 1" light like it attachs to the shotgun barrel???

You are right! I forgot that those are made to double as a light/laser mount.

evbouret, here is the one by ATI and here is a metal one by Tacstar

groo01

Newly Enlightened
Groo here
Go to the marlin forum web sight -- they talk about mounts there.
Also Wild West Custom Guns has a mount that goes on the
Mag tube and has 3# rails on it...
Then get a light you can put a remote switch on if you like,
or a normal one and some rings.:devil: