Does a M3 head fit on a 9P body and where can I find the head alone?

Newly Enlightened

I'm thinking of having a project done with 3 P7s in a head and I'm wondering the cheapest way to put a host together. TIA.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nope...not with-out an aftermarket C-to-M adapter. Not sure who makes them off the top of my head, but they're out there. M3 heads pop up on the market place from time to time.

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
OpticsHQ supposedly as C to M adapters. They are advertised as an adapter to fit their TX3 LED TurboHead to SF C bodies. But in theory, since the TX3 is supposed to be thread-compatible with SF Millennium bodies, the OpticsHQ C to M adapter should also work with SF M heads.

Unfortunately, I can't give you direct experience on whether or not this actually works. I can, however, report that the OpticsHQ E to M adapter does work. I mated the stock 1.62" head from an M900A VFG weaponlight to an E2 Executive body.

SureFireE2TLSM2EM900A162inchhead.jpg

SureFireE2TLSM2EM900A162inchheaddis.jpg

Last edited:

kungfumo

Newly Enlightened
unfortunately the c to m adapter from optics doesn't work on normal m series head only their tls heads. Not that's its not a great piece, work well with their equipment and they have great customer service.

Size15's

Flashaholic
SureFire's term for a flashlight 'head' is "Bezel".
The bezel used by the M3 can be purchased individually by ordering a "Z46" (or Z46-CB from the Crenelated Bezel aka "Strike Bezel" version) from SureFire or any SureFire Dealer.

The Z46 is used by so-called Millennium Series models including:
M3 Millennium CombatLight
M500A Millennium Forend WeaponLights
M900A Millennium Vertical Foregrip WeaponLights
M96 Series Millennium Universal WeaponLights
M100 Series Millennium Handgun WeaponLights (discontinued)
Some later "9V" Shotgun Forend WeaponLights (those making use of the LM90 Lamp Module)

Other bezels that fit the so-called "Millennium threads" include the KL2 and KL6 (both discontinued) LED bezels, and the Millennium TurboHead.

Note that the Millennium TurboHead is not called "KT4" (although some people mistakenly do). KT4 is "Kit, TurboHead, No.4" featuring the Millennium TurboHead and the MN15/MN16 Lamps for three-SF123A models. The KT4 TurboHead Kit is used to convert:
M3 to M3T
M500A to M500AB
M900A to M500AB
M96 to M97

Superdave

Enlightened

I'm thinking of having a project done with 3 P7s in a head and I'm wondering the cheapest way to put a host together. TIA.

You can get the G&P "mini-turbo" head that's about 1 3/4" diameter from Cabelas. Check their website, they had them for around $15+ shipping.

if you want the LED version to start off with look for "GP454" on www.scopeandlaser.com. :)