LED power outage lights

T

traumawave

Does anybody know of power-outage lights that use LEDs instead of a regular bulb. These are the lights you plug into a 110 outlet, when the power goes out they come on automatically. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

Tomas

Banned
I'd be happy just to find some "LED bulb replacements" for the two 6 volt, 6 watt wedge-base incandescents in my existing Lithonia emergency light.

Just a couple of regulated 1W LS's running at about 300mA would be great. Probably extend the current 90 minute run-time (at 12W load) out to about 10-12 hours or so. ...

BTW: Lithonia also has the electronics and batteries used in these units available to power "other devices" IIRC ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

tomsig03.gif

T

traumawave

This might help you. Try http://www.theledlight.com/ledbulbs.html
They have replacement LED bulbs for AC and DC.

I didn't want to buy new lights and buy replacement bulbs right away. I was hoping to find new lights that are manufactured with an LED light.

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
OzMan, that site gave me a laugh. Why do marketeers need to make up a new word and then trademark it for everything? they don't use LED's they use "Diodal Lighting Elements" Which I guess would be a DLE.

LOL, what silly silly people we be.

Apart from that I think using 8AA batts should give you the runtime that they talk about. Looks nice, but silly marketing.

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Diodal Lighting Elements /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif
Can't touch my Luxeon positive/negative-junctional-photon- producing-solid-state-illumination device with regulatronic current stabilization curcuits. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif Betcha is does not have a photon focusing array that is made of clear, space age materials either! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif

NCBirdHunter

Newly Enlightened
BentHead --

You must be in Marketing!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
BentHeadTX said:
Diodal Lighting Elements /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif
Can't touch my Luxeon positive/negative-junctional-photon- producing-solid-state-illumination device with regulatronic current stabilization curcuits. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif Betcha is does not have a photon focusing array that is made of clear, space age materials either! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me guess... that's a 1W Luxeon Star LED with resistor and an acrylic NX05 optic, right? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Or do I need to take "BS-101" over? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

JJHitt

Enlightened
Marketing hype aside, it doesn't look like it's that bad of a product.

Run time is probably exagerated, but it's not overly expensive.

My biggest beef is it's UGLY... an emergency room light should be unobstrusive when not in use and this thing is an aesthetic disaster.

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Craig,
Close! You had most of it figured out (Congrats on getting the NX05 optics part) The regulatronic current stabilization curcuits = BB500 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif Overall, your grade on BS-101 is a "B". Sounds like you have been reading manufacturer "white papers" too long! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

Smaug

Newly Enlightened
Why would you want a light like that? -->

It will take away one more excuse to keep dozens of LED flashlights around...