Best single-AA lights.... your nominations please

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast
I find the current "best single 123 light" thread very interesting.

Let's do one for best single AA light.

I only have two myself, ConneXion X2 and Nitecore D10 R2.

Of these two, my nomination goes to the D10 R2. It's winning points are:

-Very bright output (rivaling an R2 drop-in lamp in a 6P)
-Very dim output (a really low low, perhaps 1 lumen, that is very useful and important to me)
-Instant to low and instant to high (press-press ~ press-press/hold)
-Ability to ramp to any desired brightness (press/hold)
-Memory for previous setting
-Runs on alkas, lithium primaries, NiMH, Li-Ions
-Very nice beam with bright, useable spill

This is a really well made, very versatile, compact light perfect for general use. I would choose other lights purely as throwers or tactical lights, but for general purpose use, EDC, this one is "le bomb" as far as I'm concerned.

What is your nomination?

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Of what I've owned.....Nitecore's D10!! This should be a very interesting thread!

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
My vote goes to D10 (surprise surprise) and NDI without a doubt. :rock:
(Pssst...can someone ask Selfbuilt what are his two best single-AA lights)

Last edited:

BRO

Newly Enlightened
Fenix LD10, very solid, plenty of light, easy to use and carry. I'm sure the other are OK as well, I don't own any of theme. But I know the LD10 is very good. Good luck, I don't think you can make a bad choice.

Last edited:

loanshark

Enlightened
I'd have to vote for the D10 as well. For the price I don't think it can be touched right now...

:popcorn:

Bruiser

Newly Enlightened
Ny vote goes to the Nitecore D10 R2 also! It's been in my pocket since I got it. It's an extremely well made light, simple UI, great low level (I user this more than anything around the house at night), and good runtime. That, and it uses a battery type that is widely available. Basicaly everything DHart already mentioned. :thumbsup:

-Dan

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I haven't hit on the best AA light yet.

If my L1D Q5 could keep it's modes with 14500 it might be the one.

So right now it's ConneXion (X1) for ease of use and decent brightness.

I have a few AA lights that will get brighter, but are not as easy to use (or have PWM).

Viper715

Enlightened
+1 for the D10 or the NDI. Nitecore is a very solid light. I have one that I just got back from having Tekno-Cowboy mod it with a Cree UV emitter and I have a new D10 R2 on it's way. I love these lights.

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nitecore D10. :thumbsup:

Fenix L1T V2 a close second. Fenix needs to make some minor changes to this light for it to better the D10.

I do not have the ConneXion X1 so I can't really say much about it but I do have the two mentioned above.

BurlyEd

Newly Enlightened
I do not have any of the lights mentioned so far, but I have 6 other 1xAA-size Cree flashlights. Of these, an AKOray K-106 with a 14500 battery is my favorite. I still may buy an LD10 someday to use with "storebought" AA batteries.

:popcorn:

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
The conneXion seems t be optimised for 14500 batteries. The graph below shows battery performance of AW 14500 and Eneloops.

Product Image
00.jpg

Packaging
Contents
Construction
Output
runtime_high.gif

http://www.light-reviews.com/lp_connexion/

MS3

Newly Enlightened
I'm a fairly new flashlight addict ( only have 7 LED lights so far ). The D10 was my first aa purchase and is my EDC. I have a couple other aa lights on the way from dx and battery junction, but they don't stand a chance at dethroning the D10. The ESE LZ2 is a looker, but too heavy to compete as an EDC. D10 is numero uno for me!

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
Titanium JHanko:

Everything you love about the Nitecore D10 R2 wrapped in a Titanium and Tritium shell.

Best CR123 and Best AA:
My_Ti_d10.jpg

victor01

Newly Enlightened
For me, like all the others, Nitecore D10, mine is a Q5 since the pre-order days though. I think currently nothing comes close to it concerning price point, built quality, compactness and versatility.