There are fiber on my new TK20's reflector

DerrickYan

Newly Enlightened
Fenix have bad QC....

There are fiber on my new TK20's reflector...

Should i go for a replacement?

Does anyone care about this?

Except the defect,TK20 is a good light.

Last edited:

Ragiska

Flashaholic*
Fenix have bad QC....

There are fiber on my new TK20's reflector...

Should i go for a replacement?

Does anyone care about this?

you have unrealistic expectation....

you have picture?

no one cares!

i'm sorry, i thought we were writing haiku's :ohgeez:

Policetacteam

Enlightened
I recently sent one of my TK10's in for a repair, bad LED, and when I got it back it appeared to have something on the reflector. It looked almost like a very thin strand of glue or epoxy. I wasn't overly thrilled but it didn't show once the light was on. I guess no harm no foul! If you're not happy call the dealer or distributor and get a replacement.

choaticwhisper

Enlightened
As long as its not messing with the beam, I would let it go. I mean its not like its the highest quality light. I don't mean they cant try to be.
But the price your paying I wouldn't expect a completely spotless light. Maybe a custom or surefire, Something like that.

primox1

Newly Enlightened
im sure the dealer u got it from would replace it for you...however, is it worth the time, effort, and cost of shipping? probably not if it doesnt affect the performance of the light.

DerrickYan

Newly Enlightened
As long as its not messing with the beam, I would let it go. I mean its not like its the highest quality light. I don't mean they cant try to be.
But the price your paying I wouldn't expect a completely spotless light. Maybe a custom or surefire, Something like that.

im sure the dealer u got it from would replace it for you...however, is it worth the time, effort, and cost of shipping? probably not if it doesnt affect the performance of the light.

I recently sent one of my TK10's in for a repair, bad LED, and when I got it back it appeared to have something on the reflector. It looked almost like a very thin strand of glue or epoxy. I wasn't overly thrilled but it didn't show once the light was on. I guess no harm no foul! If you're not happy call the dealer or distributor and get a replacement.
You guys are all right...I just care too much...

Actually,it didn't mess the beam...no harm no foul in normal use...

So, it is not worth the time, effort, and cost of shipping...

I think that i should not care about the little defect....

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is one of the reasons I don't like companies glue shut the head, an otherwise 1 minute operation with canned air is now knowing there is something not right with it yet there is nothing you can do.

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
Nothing is 100% perfect 100% of the time. My Surefire P60L drop in has a small chip of the Al coating missing in the reflector right out of the package. Not too happy about that however didn't effect the beam so just beat back the OCD and lived with it. Soon you will just forget about it.

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
My new TK11R2 has some diminute metal shavings in the bottom of the reflector, but it wont do anything as they stay in the flat zone.

TAIGERSX

Newly Enlightened
My fenix pd30 has a small strand of RED FIBER inside the lense too :D. Not sure where it came from. It doesn't affect the beam whatsoever. So just forget it !

DM51

Flashaholic
you have unrealistic expectation....

you have picture?

no one cares!

i'm sorry, i thought we were writing haiku's :ohgeez:
Ragiska, offensive mockery of that sort is unacceptable.

Your posting history reveals too many rude and confrontational posts. Fortunately, your attempts to disrupt this and other threads have been unsuccessful. I think you should consider giving up the idea of being a troll, as you don't seem to be much good at it. Take some time off to think about that.

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh dear.. I have a huge pet peeve that happens on a bunch of my lights.. when you look straight at the reflector, and the led looks slightly dirty...
blaugh!

I try to ignore it as much as possible.

ANDREAS FERRARI

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ragiska, offensive mockery of that sort is unacceptable.

Your posting history reveals too many rude and confrontational posts. Fortunately, your attempts to disrupt this and other threads have been unsuccessful. I think you should consider giving up the idea of being a troll, as you don't seem to be much good at it. Take some time off to think about that.

I don't think being bothered by poor QC is something to be tolerated! If manufacturers realize that we will not tolerate imperfections maybe the quality will improve!!!