Surefire E1B silver HAIII or not?

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know what it is, I assumed it was just bare aluminum. But Surefire did release some clear anodized lights many years ago. However, I don't think they were type III.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got a quick e-mail back from Don at batteryjucntion and he said it is not. Only the black is HA. That sucks I liked the silver but still gonna get an E1B black to accompany my E1L.

Flashlight Aficionado

Enlightened
According to SureFire it is HA. I got this in an E-Mail from SureFire

e1badvertisement.gif

The ultra compact, dual-output LED Backup has quickly become a SureFire favorite and the new silver model is sure to follow suit. Designed as the definitive backup light for patrol cops and detectives—a key component in SureFire's Law Enforcement Tactical Trinity —the Backup is the ultimate choice for anyone who needs focused, tactical-level white light from a concealable flashlight. Push or click constant-on and get all 80 lumens right out of the gate, that's more than enough light to temporarily blind an aggressor. Click off and right back on again and get five lumens of useful light for up to 37 hours. This new hard-anodized silver body is as rugged and smooth as the original Backup. Try one on for size.

Pontiaker

Enlightened
I didn't even know it was possible to make clear type III finish.
Its NOT clear. Its a silver finish over the aluminum. I have no clue if its HA anything but the one I have is not very durable.Dont plan on carrying this with anything else in your pocket if you dont want it to look used very quickly.

Tim B

Newly Enlightened
Could this be the same type of finish that is on the 6-P with gunmetal gray finish only not as shiny? You can tell by looking at the smooth parts of the head of the gunmetal 6-P that it is an opaque silver colored coating over the aluminum and not a clear finish. I think it looks gorgeous on the 6-P nonetheless. I have two of them.

frank13

Newly Enlightened
If the manufacturer state that their lights are HAIII finished,then Scratch the the torch body with a sharp knife or something hard. You will find out the truth.Type III Military hard Anodized finish can sustain knife scratch,if not , you got a fake one & the light is false-advertising.
My new olight M30 was said HAIII finished.But to my disappointment,It got scratched after several slightly scratching on its body.At first I thought i was scamed by the seller on ebay. But when i turned to the Olight headquater for help, they told me Their HAIII finish was not supposed to sustain a scratch.What can i say ??:mad:

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
It´s HA for sure. And it´s not bare aluminum, but silver finish.

Take a look in my review: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/226777

I still have it, using it always (I´m a federal agent), and till now it doens´t have a single scratch!

I love my silver E1B. Everybody should have one! :thumbsup:

Last edited: