Need help for a special project

tensixteen

Newly Enlightened
Hello...

My girlfriend recently has had some guy stalking her when she comes home from school, and i'm looking to get her a flashlight with defensive capabilities. I know Surefire has some, and i tried out the E2 LED Defender, but didn't quite like it. I'm trying to put together a modified Surefire 3P for her, and one for myself.

Here's the configuration I'm looking at,

Stock Surefire 3P body
Stock Surefire 6P Crenelated Strike Bezel
Stock Surefire CR-KIT01 Combat Ring
Malkoff M30 Bulb

It should look something like this:
ModifiedSurefire3PforSara.jpg

Does anyone have a New 3P or any of the above-mentioned parts they could sell me?

Cheers and Regards,
Nick

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
Apart from the Combatrings, have a look at the Solarforce L2M which is a
1 cell body with "tactical strike" bezel and P60 compatible

(Just me thinking out aloud .... shouldnt this thread be posted in the General Section ??? )

Ajay

Enlightened
Call cops...then work on flashlight.
I think pepper spray would be more appropriate.:thinking:

best of luck

DM51

Flashaholic
This is something you should take very seriously. A light will not protect your girlfriend from this individual's actions. Please persuade her to talk to the police about it and get their advice.

bshanahan14rulz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know how the police are in Singapore, but pepperspray might help... or a flashlight with built-in tazer with electrodes on the crenelated bezel :devil:

tensixteen

Newly Enlightened
Well...sadly in Singapore you can't really carry any weapons...and that rules out stun guns, mace, pepper spray, etc...so all i can do is try help her get something legal and yet effective. Also, i don't want something which may instead be used against her...She likes my Surefire 6P LED, and that's why i was thinking of a 3P-mod instead as she finds the 6P a bit too long, and was commenting that a 1 battery size woulf be ideal for her.

Cheers and Regards,
Nick

HarryN

Flashlight Enthusiast
While I don't think it will stop anyone, one of the brightest, small setups I have is built around a red / orange Lux III with a 20mm reflector at 1 amp.

My particular was put together by photon fanatic from one of his cnc123 bodies.

The nice thing about r/o is that it will penetrate the eyelids, even when closed. I have never met anyone that can stand within 4 ft of that light.

Be careful not to test it on your girlfriend first though.

schiesz

Flashlight Enthusiast
3P's are tough to find and expensive. I'd go with the solarforce or maybe a fivemega if you want a nicer one. I have all of them and have no problems with the Solarforce or the fivemega. The M30 is a great choice as well.