Dog whistles

Illum

Flashaholic
Not that I own a dog or needs to defend myself from dogs...:eek:oo:

I was wondering whether they will be effective enough to silence the neighbors dog only a fence away from our house. Having a dog that whines and yelps all night not only puts physical fatigue on you but psychological fatigue too...:mad:

Our neighbor apparently acquired a young beagle...I'm guessing its for training purposes its being left out in the back porch and sometimes for the entire night would bark and yelp at the door. I was wondering if I can use something to put that dog to ease.

No, talking to the neighbor won't do...and if what I hollered over the fence about late night parties only gets bounced back by louder music...I don't know if I can tell them anything.:shrug:

edit: it shouldn't affect birds should it? theres a small aviary along the wall too.. but those were my birds [that bred themselves out of control and had to be relocated outdoors]

Last edited:

LightInTheWallet

Newly Enlightened
How does your neighbor feel about the aviary? Perhaps a "settlement" could be reached? I think "disciplining" a neighbors pet could have blowback if discovered. good luck w/ your issues.

Last edited:

Illum

Flashaholic
I think theres shortcomings on both sides....so I sorta let the issue alone:)

turned out a nice knock on the fence door and an expression of concern ended the night howling...but what did they do with the dog is a mystery to me

Seiko

Newly Enlightened
Dog whistles work for a very short period of time. IT might work to shut them up for a few days, but then they will become accustom to the sound and ignore it. Based on trying to shut up a pack of 4 taco dogs a few doors down that bark from midnight till 8 am and then 8:05am till midnight......
:ironic:

Illum

Flashaholic
thats one of the main reasons why I stay away from fixtures that continuously emit the frequency...for one thing is inhumane for anything near it that can pick it up [like stuffing you in a night club beside the bass speakers all night] and that within a short time they'll get used to it...:candle:

gsxrac

Enlightened
Glad your problem has been solved. Hopefully a permenant solution. But just something to think about you might wanna check your local noise ordinance laws. I know around here 11pm-7am (I think) is quiet time so if the problem persist just contact the proper authorities. I'm a dog trainer and caretaker by profession and I personally don't like whistles. And as mentioned earlier it MAY work temporarily but if it's a beagle or a hound it's probably catching a whiff of something interesting and a whistle won't make that go away.