Zebralight H50 as a tent lantern.

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
Finally got around to using my H50 as an area light/lantern for the inside of my tent. Worked well due to the very wide flood beam. I used it on the low setting and this was enough to illuminate the inside of the tent for basic camp chores. Not enough to read by however the higher setting would work just fine for this. Pointed the light a bit away from the eyes to avoid the glare.

101_0903.jpg

Used the extra accessories included with the H50 to hang from the clothes line.

101_0905.jpg

Overall a good tent lantern that runs forever on low. The twisty was a little inconvenient for turning off and guess the H501 might be better in this regard when used as a hanging lantern. Don't know if the 80 degree flood would be less effective than the 120 of the H50.

Last edited:

Burgess

Flashaholic
The twisty was a little incontinent for turning off . . . .

Gee . . . .

Are you saying the battery was Leaking ?

:p

Seriously, that was a good idea you had.

Thank you for the info and the photographs.

I really find my ZebraLight H50 to be incredibly handy.

_

kwieto

Newly Enlightened
Don't know if the 80 degree flood would be less effective than the 120 of the H50.

The difference between 120 and 80 degrees is more or less that 120 degrees produces 2 x wider circle at the same distance.
But you can expect that the 80 degree beam will appear as brighter than from 120 degree lens.
According to Zebralight specifications you can take advantage of that in H60, where 45 lum beam should look more or less similar light as 66 lm wider beam in H50. On LOW and MED settings all lights have similar lumen values, you can't easily prolong the lifetime by setting lower mode in 80 degrees model.

120 degrees from 1m distance is enlighting circle in c.a 3.46 diameter (tan60 / 1m * 2), when 80 degrees enlight circle in c.a. 1,68 diameter (tan40 / 1m * 2)

Linger

Flashlight Enthusiast
re: tent lanter - very good. I"ve been really happy with the area light it provides. A few zebra's (say 4) could really light up a camp site yet be smaller then a pack of cards. Obviously i'm looking for reason's to purchase another one (an h60 with warm tint, but the h501 might just might be the sweet spot for size)

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
Gee . . . .

Are you saying the battery was Leaking ?

:p

Seriously, that was a good idea you had.

Thank you for the info and the photographs.

I really find my ZebraLight H50 to be incredibly handy.

_

No leaking as I was using Duraloops but unfortunately they don't help with spelling.:)

Last edited: