Do you also get the Flashlight Spam?

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got not one, but two spams hyping The Unique LED Flashlight only 1 "AAA" battery from
Super Jack www.pro-flashlight.com I can't open the web page, and my request to be removed from the mailing list was returned as undeliverable. Did anyone else from CPF get this? Is our site being hacked for spamming?

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have my e-mail posted for anybody to look at if they click on my name. I have never ever gotten spam from people looking at my e-mail via CPF. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I haven't gotten this spam (yet) and I don't know about their flashlights (yet) either.

My email address is all over the place, and they haven't found it yet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've never gotten a flashlight spam to my CPF address, but I do to my regular address fairly often. Some have even mentioned the fact that they got my email address because my website comes up with an LED search or something. So they are just googling "leds" and spamming everything that comes up.

Unfortunately, all they are doing is guarenteeing that I'll never ever buy anything from them. If they want to sell me something they should become a sponsor here. I spend a lot of money on the products and with the retailers flashing at the top of this screen /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif but if they spam me their on the blacklist. Hard to get off the blacklist... I imagine that it's considerably cheaper to become a sponsor here than to send out 10 million spams and I have to think that the response rate has got to be similar, or even better here!

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've gotten one from this particular website. I don't know how he's gotten my e-mail specifically for a flashlight. Sounds fishy. But as with James S, I'm never going to buy a flashlight from this guy...

MichiganMan

Enlightened
Stainless, never ever ever respond to slime like this. All you do is confirm to them that not only is the address they bought valid, but also that someone on the other side actually reads spam that is sent to them.

Marty Weiner

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been getting spam from one particular advertiser here on CPF. Isn't there a policy that prohibits use of our name and/or email address for soliciting? I've never ordered from them and will probably not.

Marty

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
Marty, One of the points of being an advertiser here is that not just anybody with money can sign up. They are supposed to be known to us somewhat. I would give them at least one chance to fix it. Contact them directly to get removed from the mailing list. If you can't find a good contact email for them drop me a PM or an email to my email address as in my profile and I will do my best to get their contact email from DavidW and the gang here.

If they continue after your asking to be removed I can assure you that their privelige of being an advertiser here will be short lived!

I wouldn't post any more specifics here though, I'm sure it can be cleared up and I hope it was just a misunderstanding.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not to my CPF email but I got this today from a flashlight company. I Never bought anything from them but I looked at their site a few weeks ago. It has an opt out selection because, "You've received this email because you signed up for our news letter".

Right.

"New High-Intensity Lamps for your M*g-Lite® Flashlights..."

kalengkong

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Stainless said:
I got spams hyping The Unique LED Flashlight only 1 "AAA" battery from
Super Jack www.pro-flashlight.com Did anyone else from CPF get this? Is our site being hacked for spamming?

[/ QUOTE ]

HEY?! the same with me!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most of the flashlight spam I get is from the Chinese manufacturer of several different things. I have NO idea how they think I'm a distributor interested in their stuff.

But if you're really getting something hawking M*glights, then I would DEFINITELY forward that to [email protected] along with a little letter explaining that you're getting spam email from someone hawking their wares and that you can't imagine that a reputable company like maglight would want their product sold in this manner and ask them to cancel the distribution agreement whith whomever owns magmail.com.

It only wastes 3 minutes of your day and it might actually get them a slap on the wrist for using marketing techniques that are getting more and more illigal every day. If I happen to notice a spam email selling products from a company I like I make it a point to let them know about it. I know for sure that I've helped to get one cell phone spammer shut out by motorola for spamming people!

So it's worth the effort!

Tombeis

Enlightened
Now now boys.

If someone spamed you with advertisements for the worlds greatest atomic powered, super long range,wide to narrow beam with no dark spots flashlight.

Well, you would be buying just like the rest of us suckers.

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Someone's selling your e-mail addresses to them.

I haven't gotten one to my CPF address. There must be some other way that they are getting your addresses.

Pat

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have any of you guys tried Lavasoft's Ad-Aware spyware scanning program?

I've ran it before, and am quite shocked at how many keyloggers, cookie loggers, scripts and registry keys that are on my computer that are constantly swiping information off my system (like tracking any info I enter into a site and storing/sending it back to another server)...

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have it. Still got the spam. It didn't really bother. MailWasher caught it and I let it through out of curiosity. James is probably right. I doubt if it was from Magl!ght. It looked like a ransom note written by some that had recently learned how to do hyper links

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
i got the one for the forever light again this morning. (search the board for my previous rant on why I'll NEVER OWN A FOREVERLIGHT) I actually wrote the company an email suggesting that they didn't want to hire the spammers to sell their light, they sent me a very nice letter back saying they would contact their affiliates and get my name off the list. I never got off the list though, I continue to receive it. And, since they knew which affiliates to contact they were admitting that they had hired these people to spam for them.

So, one more flashlight I will never own due to bad marketing decisions...

I'm actually serious about that, I will not buy from companies that engage in that garbage.

Oh, and I get the generic/herbal V*agra ones too, but not quite in that quantity. This morning I had no less than 5 copies of the latest windows virus as well. Can't do anything to me on this machine, but they are all like 80k files waste a lot of my server space! I'm going to have to block whole ranges of ISP owned addresses if this continues to get worse.

Larry1582

Enlightened
Has anyone else been getting email from a Steady Flying Enterprise Co., Ltd or justshop.com.tw about their flashlights? Does anyone know about them or their flashlights?