looking for malkoff p7 MAG drop in beamshots

Gunner12

Flashaholic
There's a box at the top of the page that has a button "google search" below it. I typed in "maglite P7 beamshot" and found some nice threads with beamshots of various Maglite Seoul P7 mods on the first page.

exodus125

Enlightened
thanks for the help, found a few but still no malkoff, I was just curious how 700+ lumens looks like. Are most p7's rated around that?

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks for the help, found a few but still no malkoff, I was just curious how 700+ lumens looks like. Are most p7's rated around that?

Most P7 that come with a huge heatsink and heavy host are more than likely to make 700 out the front lumens. The smaller lights similar in size to a Surefire 6P with MC-E or P7 make under 500 lumens out the front. There is not enough room in smaller lights to cool the quad emitter effectively. Look at the lumens thread: all the quad emitters make under 500 lumens, even the Malkoff variants of which I like the MC-E warm the best.:D

If you want 700 out the front lumens you have to go big and heavy like a Mag P7, Leggion II, or similar size and weight lights. The Malkoff P7 drop-in should also make around 700 plus lumens.

If anyone knows or thinks a small light or P60 drop-in can make 500 plus lumens out the front please forward it to MrGman for testing. Many here are still looking for a Surefire 6P size light that can make a true 500 plus lumens out the front.

My 2D Maglight P7 with adequate heatsinking gets warm after around 10 minutes. My Malkoff P60 P7 after 10 minutes would get too hot to handle.

exodus125

Enlightened
well, if anyone owns a malkoff maglite p7 and can post some pictures of a beamshot, I would appreciate it.

JJay03

Newly Enlightened
I was wondering about this also since I was thinking about picking up a 2d mag. What is best to use for batteries with this drop in. Is there a battery holder for a 2d that will fit some lithium's or something suitable?