New Target Lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
In Target today I spotted, in the camping aisle, a couple new ones. They were Life Gear brand Crees. One used 2C batts, cost $39.99 and was rated at 210 lumens. The other was a similar, but shorter 3AAA with a 145 lumen rating for $29.99. No doubt the brightness is seriously overrated. Both appeared to be rubber coated, except the heads, and had side clickies. Always good to see new stuff, but I don't think I'll be buying either.

Geoff

LEDrock

Enlightened
In Target today I spotted, in the camping aisle, a couple new ones. They were Life Gear brand Crees. One used 2C batts, cost $39.99 and was rated at 210 lumens. The other was a similar, but shorter 3AAA with a 145 lumen rating for $29.99. No doubt the brightness is seriously overrated. Both appeared to be rubber coated, except the heads, and had side clickies. Always good to see new stuff, but I don't think I'll be buying either.

Geoff

It's nice to hear something new is in the stores somewhere. At my Walmart, there hasn't been anything new at all since Fall of last year. Not even the new multi-mode minimags are there.

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
Saw the Multi Mode MiniMags at Wal-Mart today, $21.xx each. Nothing to see here...

dexter49

Newly Enlightened
One Target here (Rochester) was moving any clearance lights today to the end cap of the aisle and there were new Energizer 1AA and 2AA in the main aisle with Lithium batteries. They both had Cree XR-E listed and variable output. The directions said to press and hold the end switch until desired brightness (5% to 100%) was reached. I believe the prices of each were in the $40 - $45 range. I have not seen these before.

Interesting to note that some of the clearance lights being moved had not yet reached 50% off.

DM51

Flashaholic
This thread seems to be a combination of a shopping experience and a "Good Deal" notification. Neither are suitable for this forum, which is for discussion of the merits of specific lights, not stores or dealers.

Status
Not open for further replies.