I need a new pair of Pants...

rkJr

Enlightened
you didn't really specify what you wanted in a pant or what kind of job you do, lots of things to edc, etc...
I like the pants with lots of pockets, cargo style and have had good luck with Woolrich Elite in both lightweight and regular. Others swear by 5.11's and Riggs....lots of preferences out there.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I sure do wish they made a 33" inseam. Jeans usually are ok but I buy 32" khaki's or Chino's style and some are fine and some are too short. Horrible inconsistencies but no 33", have to move up to a 34" which is always too long. Anybody else have a similar problem?

dandruff

Enlightened
Get a pair of Alpkit Jeanius Jeans

http://www.alpkit.com/colab/projects/jeanius/
http://www.outdoorsmagic.com/news/article/mps/uan/5985
http://www.alpkit.com/shop/cart.php?target=product&product_id=16387&category_id=248

These are fantastic HIGHLY WATER RESISTANT jeans. search youtube. They:

1) look good anywhere and dont scream 'tactical'
2) comfy like normal jeans
3) incredibly water resistant to the point of being almost totally weather proof, addressing the no.1 weakness of jeans
4) have articulated knees and diamond crotch to allow movement
5) ARE CHEAP NOW THAT THE GBP IS WEAK!

they are fantastic. I have two:)

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
What... no pants?!? This forum is for flashlights not flashers!
flasher.gif

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like Levi's when my weight is down. You don't "cheat" too much with Levi's the way you do with some jeans, meaning you generally have to wear what your true waist measurement is (at least for me).

I pretty much live in Levi's. LOVE 'em.

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recently picked up some Carhartt very nice. When it comes to jeans, Levis are my preference.

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Craghoppers

They're a british outdoor clothing brand and IMO they make the best combat trousers (cargo pants). I'm not sure if you get them in the US though. There's also a "Bear Grylls" range of Craghoppers clothing.

If you're looking for jeans then +1 on Levi's. I've tried much more expensive brands in the past; Armani, Calvin Klein etc. but prefer Levi's. They are more durable, fit better and don't have those "fashionable" torn or worn out bits.

Last edited:

NA8

Flashlight Enthusiast
I sure do wish they made a 33" inseam. Jeans usually are ok but I buy 32" khaki's or Chino's style and some are fine and some are too short. Horrible inconsistencies but no 33", have to move up to a 34" which is always too long. Anybody else have a similar problem?

Didn't know there's a missing inseam at 33. Are they just even numbers ? I get hit at the missing 37" waist and the missing 12 & 1/2 shoe size.

I always wondered how they happened to decide they didn't need to sell the odd size here and there in our capitalistic wonderland.

Tekno_Cowboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know about the missing waist sizes, but 12 1/2 shoe sizes are easy to find. Now 12 1/2 in a AA width, then you'd have a hard time ;)