Surefire 6P head with aftermarket crenulated bezel

Policetacteam

Enlightened
I am trying to figure out if an aftermarket stainless steel crenulated bezel can be used on a Surefire 6P head. If so what are my options. I remember seeing a Solarforce used but I can't remember if it was an actual 6P head or a clone. I want something very low key and no aggressive teeth. Ideas, suggestions, comments!

Policetacteam

Enlightened
Ok...no responses yet! Lets start with this. Is the Surefire 6P head threaded to accept an aftermarket bezel? If not are there any, both head and bezel, available in black. I don't really care for Surefire's because the teeth are just a little too long for my tastes.

jake25

Enlightened
6P Head is not threaded. The Solarforce P60 "clone" head is threaded. You can added different things onto the Solarforce head. SS Ring for flat bezel. Color Coordinated Crenelation and SS Crenelation

Superdave

Enlightened
the 6P head is threaded (atleast any made within the last 3-4 years). It's fairly easy to remove the plastic ring and swap it with a different "crown". There were some on Ebay that had the same threads as the SF, it even came with a removal tool.

The Solarforce crowns have a different thread pattern than the Surefire ones.

flip

Enlightened
There was a thread here last year(?) about a guy that was selling stainless steel bezel rings and keys made to fit them and remove the stock ring.

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
The threaded, plain retaining ring and the threaded, crenelated ring for my G&P bezel are not compatible with the 6P threads.

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
There was a thread here last year(?) about a guy that was selling stainless steel bezel rings and keys made to fit them and remove the stock ring.
I have that, and while it is indeed made to fit the 6P bezel, it's crenelations are no less aggressive than those on the 6PD.
I don't know of any others...

crocodilo

Enlightened
Got one of those on my C2 and love it. Good thing about plain stainless steel is that it's easy to smooth out or grind down the teeth to your liking. A major plus is that it replaces the plastic lens retainer ring, thereby beefing up the head's resistance to heavy damage, even if you totally eliminate the teeth. Price was very affordable, enough to be comfortable experimenting with it, the removal tool included was great, just go for it.

bezels.jpg

Last edited:

Policetacteam

Enlightened
crocodilo,

Is that the 6P Defender strike bezel or is that aftermarket? Also which SS bezel is on your C2. Looks very good!! I'd be more than happy with that one!

Policetacteam

Enlightened
Biglou,

I saw the three teeth version. Kind of cool but I could see myself getting impailed on my on light while at work! I would never live that down!!! :crackup:

roadie

Enlightened
i jus got the a001 for my old sf z2 , i have also a holster so, it wouldnt get scratches or scratch me.

img1.jpg

JJay03

Newly Enlightened
I was wonder this same thing you guys say someone on the site sells these? I heard it was 20 dollars tho so might as well buy the 6pd.

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've never liked the Klingon light theory because I'm more likely to injure myself or chew up my gear as actually get any real tactical benefit from it.

Your mileage may vary.

-Trevor

dixiethunder

Newly Enlightened
Can you install aftermarket lenses into the solarforce heads? Like lenses from flashlightlenses.com?