New Fenix P3D doesnt work

WHT_GE8

Enlightened
Hey guys I just got my P3D today from amazon and its acting really weird. It takes quiet a while to turn on and it flickers while its turning on. Once it gets going its usually ok but still flickers from time to time when switching through the modes. Im using powerizer batteries, tried several different brand new ones. It takes a couple minutes to start up and get working good but sometimes it works flawlessly. What can be the problem? Maybe better quality batteries?

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bypass everything by connecting battery neg end with head thread/outer contact pad on PCB board with paperclip (or whatever wire you have) and see if it changes anything, careful don't short out battery.

WHT_GE8

Enlightened
Tried cleaning it, didnt help at all. It seems like the actual light is turning on, but it doesnt put out any light. It sort of flickers and its so dim you can look right at it. Should I just send it back to Fenix?

Marduke

Flashaholic
But did you use an alcohol swab on all the correct parts?

The positive contact, negative contact ring, forward threads and end of body, rear end of body, retaining ring clean and tighten? Did you jump out the contact to eliminate the switch?

BTW, this is the perfect example to only buy nice lights from reputable dealers.

WHT_GE8

Enlightened
I did use alcohol on all parts possible. I gave it a gentle whack and believe it or not that solved the problem for now. The towel was pretty dirty so im guessing that helped too. Ill keep checking on it and clean it regularly. This is my second light ive ordered from Fenix on amazon (TK10). My TK10 worked flawlessly and hasnt had any problems since then. The P3D is for a family member. Thanks for everyones help, sorry for the noob questions. :duh2: