LF2 Eats batteries

arty

Enlightened
I have a Liteflux LF2 that I really like. I have it set for a very low low, and 50%. It has died on me twice, when hardly used. It seems to kill batteries, even when it is off.

Am I the only one with this problem? Any suggestions?

It is not turning on in my pocket - It was on my car key ring, and the last lithium was not even used, but died in a couple of weeks. This does not seem normal.

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think this is completly normal.

The liteflux's are not designed for long runtimes.

From lights-review.com
Runtime1x 10440
50% 00:37 to 50%
100% 00:16 to 50%

1x AAA 800mAh Eneloop
50% 01:15 to 50%
100% 00:33 to 50%

But if it kills your batteries even when it's off, you should no longer use it... it could probably cause a short circuit.

Last edited:

arty

Enlightened
The first lithium died after little use. But the second one wasn't turned on for more than 30 sec in a couple of weeks. I may check the battery after a few more days.

ntalbot

Enlightened
Mine will pretty much drain its battery in a couple of months without much use. It seems to have some level of battery drain when not in use. Kind of a bummer, but ok if you charge the battery at least once a month.

Kevo

Newly Enlightened
Sounds like it has a problem. I recharge every couple of months, and normally it doesn't take even half the full recharge time.

kitelights

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had the same problem with my LF2X and sent it back for repair. Doesn't do it anymore and my LF2 never did.