Planning to buy Solarfoce L950M/L1000. Comments please.

linterno

Enlightened
I am planning to buy a Solarforce L950M with an L2 extension tube (I read in another thread that it works nice, just need to confirm it) to be able to use it with 2x18650 or 3x18650 batteries. I am also considering L1000 (which uses 3x18650 batteries) instead of L950M.

I would like to hear comments from users who already have any of those flashlights. Which one would be better in terms of brightness, comfort and runtime.

I would also like to know if there are better options to Solartforce L950M/L1000 around $70 - $90.

I don't really need it, but you know...

Thanks in advance for any help.

taiji

Enlightened
I have an L950M and it is a brute. Throws a wall of light out there. It is a very well made light. Well worth the price (from Jake25). The low is too bright however. I've read that the 1000 is brighter but most likely indiscernible but having the benefit of a longer runtime of course.

cliff

Newly Enlightened
I got an L1000 a few weeks ago and like it. The light is well made, has a tactical forward clickie and a choice of one level: full power. It is almost too bright to use inside, but works o.k. if you point it straight up and bounce light off the ceiling.

In my case, lights of this his size are best carried in a belt loop holder, and the 3x18650 tube stabilizes the light better than a shorter tube would. If the 3x tube makes it burn a little brighter for a little longer, those are side benefits IMHO.

The main argument for a 2x vs. 3x tube seems to be that most chargers only charge two batteries at a time, so you would have to run the charger twice for a 3x light. However, I got a Soshine charger that charges up to four 18650s at a time so this is not an issue. Very good charger, by the way.

moerush04

Newly Enlightened
I was wandering, since the L950m is unavailable at this time, I figured the L1000 would be the best alternative also. My question is does it out throw the Tiablo ACE and the M1X? And doesn't the L1000 have an extender tube that is removable to make it a 2x 18650 tube?

Dan

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
L950M is discontinued so you probably won't find it. It works with 3x18650 but in a long term it can damage driver. Second mode is ~60% of high mode. L1000 has single 3x18650 tube, single mode, brightness is similar but it runs longer because of one more cell. Won't outthrow M1X but won't be outthrowed by ACE as well. If you're ok with size, batteries and single mode you won't fint anything better at this price.

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just bought the M1X and the L1000 and the M1X easily out throws the L1000, now whether it outputs more total light is difficult to tell because it has a bit more spill(L1000). But for the money and price difference the L1000 is a really nice light

moerush04

Newly Enlightened
Use the Google box at the top of the page, there are a lot of existing threads.
If that is aimed at me, I did. There is not much out there on the topic especially with regards to my specific questions, hence my post. I know there are those out there who shoot before searching, but I 'm not one of them. It is safe to assume that I have done my research.

Phantom23
Won't outthrow M1X but won't be outthrowed by ACE as well.
That is strange because I read in another thread that the ACE out throws the L900 as well as the M1X. It would not be the first time I have read conflicting reviews though. As long as it out throws the M30 which I am sure it does.

My conflict is that the L1000 has a more light output than the M1X but it seems like the M1X has more throw. I currently have the M30 and would like a light that is brighter, and has a good amount of throw. I looked into the 1300L but it seems like a cheap light and many of them don't work, andmany of the ones that do 'die' after a short period. Or so it seems with all the bad feedback it has been getting.

Last edited:

Latest posts